Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Stocks & Investments

Notices

Anybody buying BP?

Old 05-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #41
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... Ease up off the turbo. Nobody is calling you stupid.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #42
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
good info in this tread. subbed for when i have time to figure out what the fuck you guys are talking about.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #44
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
As far as BP as an investment right now it is in my opinion pretty risky because BP is currently caught between a rock and a hard place.

They were expected to pay out 10.5 billion in dividends but if they go forward with it they will piss off Congress and the public because it will be seen as another case where the wall street boys cashed in while the public got shafted once again.

Now if they don't pay out the dividends then the stock will take another hit because the investors will believe they got shafted and will sell positions because the value of the dividend is no longer there.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #45
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
im actually thinking about buying more. I dont think they will go outta business and in 5 years will be back to normal. Its not about the price in 5-6 months or even 5-6 years. People left Phillip Morris for dead with all the lawsuits it faced but it has arguably been on of the best performing stocks of the decade (when S&P index investors lost money)

Large dividend+perpetually undervalued shares+dividend reinvestment=big profit

yes the dividend may be cut/suspended but that's not a big deal b/c my investment timetable is very long.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #46
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
from what i was just watching there has been talk of BP declaring American Bankruptcy. this would only affect american assets and there is no evidence they will do this yet but some people are saying it is very likely. dont take my word for it, research it yourself, but i just thought i'd throw that out there before anyone bought any more
Old 06-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #47
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

IMO, with prolonged litagation, BP stock still has a way to fall.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #48
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry I missed this one!

I was in and out in BP - thought a ~22% in a month was good enough for me.

I still think this wouldn't be a bad long term one... they have more reserves than God... well okay maybe an exaggeration but this company will be around for a long time and if for some strange reason, it isn't it's new owner will be!