1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I fixed my muffler!

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by Beefed Taco, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:30 PM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    .....again. A few years back I got a Flowmaster 50. About 1 year later the inlet cracked so I welded it and put a little patch on it. (the very bottom one) Well for the last 5 months or so I've had this rattle/vibration that has gotten progressively worse, to the point the truck sounded like the biggest POS to drive. With my dog Ginger barking her head off in back, and this thing rattling horribly, I just couldn't take it anymore.

I assumed it was a baffle inside that had a weld come lose, so I just let it go, and bashed Flowmaster's name in the process, and for that I got proved wrong. The other day while the bandsaw was taking it's sweet time, I had the truck jacked up and was making a hidden hitch for a guy, I decided to look into the noise....it was cracked again, but this time it was bad and super close to falling onto the ground. The entire body had a long crack down it. So I repaired it again. It's a new truck!!! aaaaahhhh the silence.(except for Ginger) waytogo_82a2dcfcbf91b28330a7f12007d2d5959649daa3.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Captured 2004-6-1 00004.jpg
    Captured 2004-3-28 00011.jpg

2. Jul 27, 2010 at 11:46 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Perhaps you should put some more supports on your exhaust.

3. Jul 27, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    x2:D

4. Jul 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    I have all OEM supports,(the one by the O2 sensors, and the one on the rear of the muffler) and I've heard of other Flowmasters doing the exact same thing in the same area. It has a short turndown before the axle and doesn't run out the stock exit. It'll be a 6" round Magnaflow for me next time, plus it'll be about 1,000 lbs lighter than this boat anchor. This 50 is just too big for this little truck. I'm sure the hangers could use a little fine tuning though also, maybe bring the rear down just a hair. Pictured is a nice little system I built and sold to a friend. Left was a 2.4 and right was V6 4x4/prerunner. Both a little too loud for DDing if they were mine.

Spider Exhaust 00000.jpg
    AV Fans 00015.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top