Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

I fixed my muffler!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up I fixed my muffler!

.....again. A few years back I got a Flowmaster 50. About 1 year later the inlet cracked so I welded it and put a little patch on it. (the very bottom one) Well for the last 5 months or so I've had this rattle/vibration that has gotten progressively worse, to the point the truck sounded like the biggest POS to drive. With my dog Ginger barking her head off in back, and this thing rattling horribly, I just couldn't take it anymore.

I assumed it was a baffle inside that had a weld come lose, so I just let it go, and bashed Flowmaster's name in the process, and for that I got proved wrong. The other day while the bandsaw was taking it's sweet time, I had the truck jacked up and was making a hidden hitch for a guy, I decided to look into the noise....it was cracked again, but this time it was bad and super close to falling onto the ground. The entire body had a long crack down it. So I repaired it again. It's a new truck!!! aaaaahhhh the silence.(except for Ginger)

Attached Thumbnails
I fixed my muffler!-captured-2004-6-1-00004.jpg   I fixed my muffler!-captured-2004-3-28-00011.jpg  
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps you should put some more supports on your exhaust.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
Perhaps you should put some more supports on your exhaust.
x2
Old 07-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have all OEM supports,(the one by the O2 sensors, and the one on the rear of the muffler) and I've heard of other Flowmasters doing the exact same thing in the same area. It has a short turndown before the axle and doesn't run out the stock exit. It'll be a 6" round Magnaflow for me next time, plus it'll be about 1,000 lbs lighter than this boat anchor. This 50 is just too big for this little truck. I'm sure the hangers could use a little fine tuning though also, maybe bring the rear down just a hair. Pictured is a nice little system I built and sold to a friend. Left was a 2.4 and right was V6 4x4/prerunner. Both a little too loud for DDing if they were mine.
Attached Thumbnails
I fixed my muffler!-spider-exhaust-00000.jpg   I fixed my muffler!-av-fans-00015.jpg