Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Strange thing happened.... question

Old 09-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
bobblm is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
bobblm's Tacoma Gallery
Strange thing happened.... question

Just bought an almost new 2009 Prerunner V6 double cab (5K miles). I was giving it the first wash and as I was hosing down the rear bumper and tail gate, a rubber gasket, made of about 3/8" diameter rubber, oval in shape, 9" by 4", fell from the bottom of the right rear bumper area! For the life of me, I can't figure out where it came from or what it's for. I'm beginning to think that it has nothing to do with the truck and was placed on the bumper by someone in the shop before I bought it. I do not know much about Tacomas and wondered if any of you guys have a clue about the gasket? Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

Sounds like the gasket was placed on the bumper...No idea what it could be from, but I dont think its from the truck.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #5
bobblm's Tacoma Gallery
Woops, here's tha pic

Here's the picture of the mystery gasket. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Strange thing happened.... question-dsc00441.jpg  
Old 09-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
I've definitely never seen anything like that under/around my bumper. No clue... although it almost looks like a vacuum cleaner belt!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
bobblm's Tacoma Gallery
Slurp.. You're right, it does look more like a belt than a gasket. I'll stick with the belt idea. Probaly placed on the bumper in the shop. Thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #8
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Random!!! Not sure!! Anyway!! I can't help, But I can welcome and give a shout out from NorCal!!!
Goodluck
Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #10
megillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
megillet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to megillet
I think its the belt for the flux capacitor.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
bobblm's Tacoma Gallery
Flux capicitor! Now that's a creative answer... I like that. LOL