Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Bumper Replacement???

Old 10-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
TampaDude is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
TampaDude's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper Replacement???

I have a dent in my stock black rear bumper. I want to get a new bumper eventually, but I want something more sturdy than the stock bumper, which is kind of a POS. Would an All Pro be overkill for a street truck?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
to be honest yes im not shur of all of there products but there more focused to 4x4. and they are beefy.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
I could just leave it, but I'm OCD as hell, and all I can think about is that damn dent ruining the perfection that is the Taco. I don't want to just get the same bumper, because to me, that's a waste of $$$. I want to get something better. I'm planning on upgrading the tails to LED, getting some 5000K HID projector headlights, and eventually upgrading the wheels.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

post a pic of it.....if its not that bad it can be fixed on the cheap
Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
post a pic of it.....if its not that bad it can be fixed on the cheap
Okay...I'll take a pic of it tomorrow morning and post it.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #6

cool hopefully i can tell ya how to pull the dent and youll be good to go
Old 10-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
Quote:
cool hopefully i can tell ya how to pull the dent and youll be good to go
Awesome...thanks! I'll post the pic tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Okay...here's the pic I promised you...
Attached Thumbnails
Bumper Replacement???-bumper-dent.jpg  
Old 10-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #9

before you go out and buy a new one the least you could try is to bang it out from the other side with a ball pin hammer or a good rubber mallet. you can get some dent removing hammers and tools for pretty chead......i guess in theory you could use a regular hammer. then sand it sound bondo sand and paint. you would save a lot of money this way depending on how cheap you could get a bumper
Old 10-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #10
Quote:
before you go out and buy a new one the least you could try is to bang it out from the other side with a ball pin hammer or a good rubber mallet. you can get some dent removing hammers and tools for pretty chead......i guess in theory you could use a regular hammer. then sand it sound bondo sand and paint. you would save a lot of money this way depending on how cheap you could get a bumper
I actually already tried banging it out with a hammer and a block of wood, but it didn't do very much. I probably need to remove the bumper or put the truck up on a lift, because I can't get any leverage lying on the ground. If I go through the trouble to actually remove the bumper, then I might as well install a new one.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaDude View Post
I actually already tried banging it out with a hammer and a block of wood, but it didn't do very much. I probably need to remove the bumper or put the truck up on a lift, because I can't get any leverage lying on the ground. If I go through the trouble to actually remove the bumper, then I might as well install a new one.
ya to get the leverage you will need to remove it......you can get a new one.....but if your cheap like me just take it off and bang that thing out haha. sometimes if your lucks you can find them at junk yards. just depends how bad you wanna save money
Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #12

if you was closer i would help ya out haha
Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
Quote:
ya to get the leverage you will need to remove it......you can get a new one.....but if your cheap like me just take it off and bang that thing out haha. sometimes if your lucks you can find them at junk yards. just depends how bad you wanna save money
Are the bumpers pretty easy to take off? Is it just removing some bolts? Can I do it without a lift?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #14
Tommo is on a distinguished road
Tommo's Tacoma Gallery
You have to disconnect the license plate lights by twisting them out of the covers and remove the six bolts that attach it. Do not need a lift.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
You have to remove the six bolts that attach it and no lift is required.
Just six bolts? That's a piece of cake! Do you know what size those bolts are, offhand?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #16
Maybe I'll just leave the dent and paint a bootprint over it with the words "Chuck Norris was here".