Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Streetacos bolt on 4-link

Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Defector
VooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud of

Navy: AT2 (AW)
VooDooTrip's Tacoma Gallery
Streetacos bolt on 4-link

Here is the debut on TW of Beefed tacos bolt on 4link kit. C/O's and heims are qa1's. Will post some pics but mostly all are available in my photobucket. User ID on that is voodootrip and album is public.

Thanks to Brian and all his hard work!!!

edit: Copied and pasted all info from my CT thread.. Enjoy!!!

Ok, it's been awhile since me and Brian started this project. It's been a long road but well worth it. Brian (BeefedTaco) has created a masterpiece with this and will soon be in full blown production.. my job.. be the guinea pig and supply the parts... and some beer... and more beer.. mmmmm beer... Take a seat and enjoy the ride... I know I do now..

Well, I figured I'd start a progress thread since this will be pretty extensive. Heres the start of the project:
I received these in today. Instead of going with the round top and bottom I figured I would go with the flat version. Here is the part number : GSF-1550-1
They are 10in length, and 550lbs. spring rate. Here's the first pics!

From this point the QA1's were installed and gave me roughly a 3in drop up front. I kept the stock spring isolators, but originally was going to switch to the poly ones from ES. For those with S-Runners looking to do this same mod I would highly recommend going with the 8in spring and a higher spring rate for aggressive driving. The springs I have now are fine for your normal everyday driving, but if you have an SR and you're installing these chances are you're going to be doing some spirited driving...

before:

after:

From this point on I liked the outcome but was not satisfied with the understeer I was getting along with the slop present in the steering. Kevinthefaulker had some heimed steering rods usually used on lifted trucks but I decided to buy and install them on my truck. Along with those I had Beefed Taco order me some energy suspension bushings for everything on the front end. This greatly improved the point and shoot mentality behind it. Of course there was still understeer but the slop was greatly improved. We also found that the LCA bumpstops were bottoming out causing limited movement on the arm so we went ahead and replaced those with a low profile bumpstop.

After that we began the project of tackling the rear end of the truck. To the best of our knowledge this had never been done before so we were jumping in pretty much head first. We began with the removal of the URD traction bar that was on the truck, since this was just going to get in the way anyways. After many trips back and forth to Brians pulling the bed, taking measurements, putting the bed back on, pulling the bed taking more measurements, test fitting, putting the bed back on, pulling the bed again, test fit, trim, put the bed back on.. (you see where I am going with this) until we got the stock rear crossmember off and the new one on (which eventually gets scrapped, but thats later in the story :lol: ).

more info and pics can be found in these threads:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...bolt+on+4+link
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=136033

So now were have the rear brace and crossmember in. The rear QA1's have arrived already and they are 12in 150lbs rate springs as recommended (issues with these will also get addressed later). Now we start taking measurements for links and placement of the coilovers and how we are going to mount them. We ended up finding an awesome website that had the pieces we needed to mount the lower coilovers with a little bit of fabbing:

http://www.welderseries.com/catalog/...roducts_id=461

This place gave us some great templates for a starting point and with Brians brain he was able to come up with a lower mount piece that secures into place were the stock leafs rest on the axle secured in place by the u-bolts. This gave us a placement point for the C/O's and we began to mark our permanent measurements. Now we need some heims and metal... the metal was easy.. heims not so much...

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/att...8&d=1251341353

So after getting some major progress on this kit we get put on a hiatus for three months waiting on heims I ordered. I went with a set of 8 QA1 heims. I am not sure on the measurements and will try to get those from Brian to post here.

Example:
http://qa1.thomasnet.com/viewitems/t...ld/xm-rod-ends?

Here is the final product after much R&D and many trials and tribulations along the way... Great work Brian!!

Before:

After:

Attached Thumbnails
Streetacos bolt on 4-link-img_20101030_173131.jpg   Streetacos bolt on 4-link-img_20101029_213325.jpg   Streetacos bolt on 4-link-img_20101030_173107.jpg   Streetacos bolt on 4-link-img_20101029_213647.jpg   Streetacos bolt on 4-link-img_20101029_213637.jpg  

Old 11-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any detail shots of the upper coil mounts and that crossmember? Since the weight of the rear of the vehicle rests solely on those, I'd like to see how stout they are.

Clean setup.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
sick!, now replace those C/O's with some bags
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
nice!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
Defector
VooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Do you have any detail shots of the upper coil mounts and that crossmember? Since the weight of the rear of the vehicle rests solely on those, I'd like to see how stout they are.

Clean setup.
I do but they are all in my photobucket which I do not have access too. The link to my album is in my first post. Are you curious to type and size of metal of it?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooTrip View Post
I do but they are all in my photobucket which I do not have access too. The link to my album is in my first post. Are you curious to type and size of metal of it?
Size, type of metal, attachment points, etc. The mounts on the frame look solid but I'm wondering about that single tube running between them.

The mounts for the coilovers are double-sheared, and I see that the tube stubs coming off the main tube are gusseted, but there's a lot of torsional force on that tube running between the frame rails. I'd like to see how that is attached and if it has anything reinforcing the attachment points.

I'll check out the photobucket album and see what you've got posted.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #8

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
For those looking for the album:
http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/q...ootrip/4-link/
Old 11-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
Defector

The crossmembers are all chromoly, you'll have to figure me as I do not remember the exact diameter of the tubing or the sidewall thickness. It is pretty damn beefy though. Off the top of my head it was 1-1.5'' diameter. Btw, still on CT as a mod.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #14
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Thats pretty bad ass.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #15
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
man that is sick! awesome work. i was actually just wondering if anyone had ever done that haha
Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #18
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
niceeeee
Old 11-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
bram will become famous soon enoughbram will become famous soon enough
Name: Bram
bram's Tacoma Gallery
thats how the truck should been build !!!
AWSOME mod
Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #20
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
now you gotta make one for the 2nd gen tacoma