Here is the debut on TW of Beefed tacos bolt on 4link kit. C/O's and heims are qa1's. Will post some pics but mostly all are available in my photobucket. User ID on that is voodootrip and album is public.
Thanks to Brian and all his hard work!!!
edit: Copied and pasted all info from my CT thread.. Enjoy!!!
Ok, it's been awhile since me and Brian started this project. It's been a long road but well worth it. Brian (BeefedTaco) has created a masterpiece with this and will soon be in full blown production.. my job.. be the guinea pig and supply the parts... and some beer... and more beer.. mmmmm beer... Take a seat and enjoy the ride... I know I do now..
Well, I figured I'd start a progress thread since this will be pretty extensive. Heres the start of the project:
I received these in today. Instead of going with the round top and bottom I figured I would go with the flat version. Here is the part number : GSF-1550-1
They are 10in length, and 550lbs. spring rate. Here's the first pics!
From this point the QA1's were installed and gave me roughly a 3in drop up front. I kept the stock spring isolators, but originally was going to switch to the poly ones from ES. For those with S-Runners looking to do this same mod I would highly recommend going with the 8in spring and a higher spring rate for aggressive driving. The springs I have now are fine for your normal everyday driving, but if you have an SR and you're installing these chances are you're going to be doing some spirited driving...
From this point on I liked the outcome but was not satisfied with the understeer I was getting along with the slop present in the steering. Kevinthefaulker had some heimed steering rods usually used on lifted trucks but I decided to buy and install them on my truck. Along with those I had Beefed Taco order me some energy suspension bushings for everything on the front end. This greatly improved the point and shoot mentality behind it. Of course there was still understeer but the slop was greatly improved. We also found that the LCA bumpstops were bottoming out causing limited movement on the arm so we went ahead and replaced those with a low profile bumpstop.
After that we began the project of tackling the rear end of the truck. To the best of our knowledge this had never been done before so we were jumping in pretty much head first. We began with the removal of the URD traction bar that was on the truck, since this was just going to get in the way anyways. After many trips back and forth to Brians pulling the bed, taking measurements, putting the bed back on, pulling the bed taking more measurements, test fitting, putting the bed back on, pulling the bed again, test fit, trim, put the bed back on.. (you see where I am going with this) until we got the stock rear crossmember off and the new one on (which eventually gets scrapped, but thats later in the story :lol: ).
more info and pics can be found in these threads:
So now were have the rear brace and crossmember in. The rear QA1's have arrived already and they are 12in 150lbs rate springs as recommended (issues with these will also get addressed later). Now we start taking measurements for links and placement of the coilovers and how we are going to mount them. We ended up finding an awesome website that had the pieces we needed to mount the lower coilovers with a little bit of fabbing:
This place gave us some great templates for a starting point and with Brians brain he was able to come up with a lower mount piece that secures into place were the stock leafs rest on the axle secured in place by the u-bolts. This gave us a placement point for the C/O's and we began to mark our permanent measurements. Now we need some heims and metal... the metal was easy.. heims not so much...
So after getting some major progress on this kit we get put on a hiatus for three months waiting on heims I ordered. I went with a set of 8 QA1 heims. I am not sure on the measurements and will try to get those from Brian to post here.
Here is the final product after much R&D and many trials and tribulations along the way... Great work Brian!!