Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

5vz superchager problem ,

Old 11-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
bwill808 is on a distinguished road
Name: bryan
bwill808's Tacoma Gallery
5vz superchager problem ,

i cant floor my truck , i have to ease into the pedal or i loose all the power .if i hit the pedal just rite it takes off super fast , but most of the time wen i try to race ''rice rockets'' ,(island term for anything asian 4 cylinders ) e i tried many different things to fix. new supercharger belt , new timing belt , new supercharger oil . thses only slightly helped . My mechanic friend says i am leaning out and the auto tragic transmission doesnt let u hit top power . he said to get 850cc injector s and put a 3.0 3vz manuel trans and clutch since 2wd 5speed v6 taco trans is rare or impossible find here in hawaii . .. what other fixes are there for the acceleration an d power loss ., while keeping the automatic please helppp????
Old 11-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a fuel problem. and i would chill on the racing talk a little, the mods around here dont like it too much. are you pulling any check engine codes?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yeah try the URD 7th injector. are you pinging at all?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I know this sounds looney but I had the same trouble without any SC I think it is a TPS prob that is exxagerrated by the SC. Try putting something safely behind the pedal say 1" thick. You said if you hit it just right-see what I am saying? Try to determine where that sweet spot is-mine is like half inch from full throttle.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwill808 View Post
i cant floor my truck , i have to ease into the pedal or i loose all the power .if i hit the pedal just rite it takes off super fast , but most of the time wen i try to race ''rice rockets'' ,(island term for anything asian 4 cylinders ) example 2day my frinds stock 240sx smoked me on the freeway his cars only 200 pounds lighter . i tried many different things to fix. new supercharger belt , new timing belt , new supercharger oil . thses only slightly helped . My mechanic friend says i am leaning out and the auto tragic transmission doesnt let u hit top power . he said to get 850cc injector s and put a 3.0 3vz manuel trans and clutch since 2wd 5speed v6 taco trans is rare or impossible find here in hawaii . .. what other fixes are there for the acceleration an d power loss ., while keeping the automatic please helppp????
I would log whats happening... AFR's, injector duty cycle, TPS, etc... You can get a lot of info from a log and find out whats happening...

From what you describe... I would look at injectors & fuel pump, might be that teh engine is not getting enough fuel at WOT..
Old 11-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
sounds like a fuel problem. and i would chill on the racing talk a little, the mods around here dont like it too much. are you pulling any check engine codes?

i had cat code for years , po420 , fixed some of the holes, so it stops popping up but still sounds like a leak or some thing make s lotta noise when she s up 2 fill temp ?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
thank you all for your input , this website is awsome . i have no money to do any injectors and fuel pumps because i am going to UTI in 2months , but i do plan on bring the truck .i am sure i get it done there
Old 11-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
I would log whats happening... AFR's, injector duty cycle, TPS, etc... You can get a lot of info from a log and find out whats happening...

From what you describe... I would look at injectors & fuel pump, might be that teh engine is not getting enough fuel at WOT..

my friends just got a 5000 $ scanner is this wat i check it with