Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

tundra world .com x runner lowering kit, anybody used it?

Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
loblk08taco
jason smith is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jason smith's Tacoma Gallery
tundra world .com x runner lowering kit, anybody used it?

I have a 2008 tacoma 5 lug tacoma, i was wondering how this kit would change the ride-how quick it would bottom out?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
loblk08taco
i would like to lower it like yours, im on a tight budget,i haul stuff sometimes,400ex mostly, so i cant go too low and i dont want to notch the frame,i thought about that kit with some xrunner wheels,which are for some reason hard to find around here,i need the wheels first because the tires i got now would rub if i lowered it first.ive got the 15s with some oversized tires, the fronts are close now when i turn.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
o yeahhhh
Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supratwins View Post
If your talking about the SOS kit and I think you are it really don't change the ride much and will not bottom out unless it's a bad pothole or bump in the road.
Here's are some links to this kit.
http://www.urdusa.com/More-Products-...duct_info.html
http://tundraracing.com/xrunnerdropkit.htm

As for being the best drop kit it's what works best for your driving area.
I use this kit as my driveway curb is to high for other kits and my X handles fine. Look at my curb drop off and this kit on my X.

that's why i mentioned handling. it uses your stock spring, so it keeps your stock spring rate, and only lowers your center of gravity, as well as compressing the strut, vs say upping the spring rate, which would help with the actual handling of the truck. I am not saying this is a bad kit, just explaining what i meant.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like those kits.

For $50 more you can get the DJM arms and then order some nice STEEL Beefed blocks. Aluminum blocks are sketchy as hell.

OP, you can get Beefed blocks and hardware for the rear, a spacer kit and Sittin Sic drop coils for less than the cost of an SOS kit and be just as low.

$0.02
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I don't like those kits.

For $50 more you can get the DJM arms and then order some nice STEEL Beefed blocks. Aluminum blocks are sketchy as hell.

OP, you can get Beefed blocks and hardware for the rear, a spacer kit and Sittin Sic drop coils for less than the cost of an SOS kit and be just as low.

$0.02
rajah dat!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 AM   #8
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if you look around there has been alot of incidents where there has been the aluminum blocks cracking
Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #9
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratwins View Post
OK Ryan what are you talking about I had this kit on the 08 X for 5,600 miles with zero problems and the new owner hasn't had one problem yet. Now for the steel blocks vs the aluminum block are you off your rocker?? Your wheels are made of aluminum do you have problems with them? Most sports car(Supra) have aluminum suspension parts and most aftermarket companies use aluminum for parts over steel.

Also Ryan I used this kit on my 06 BSP with no problems. Dollar for dollar this is the best basic drop you can buy and this is coming from a 3 time X-Runner owner and 35 year Toyota owner.
All I'm saying is, if you're going to shell out $350 for a couple inches of drop, might as well do it with drop coils and steel blocks.

Sittin Sic drop coils...$275
Steel Beefed blocks...$60
Total for 1.7/3" drop...$335

SOS kit gets you 1.5/2" drop...$350 (with stock coils that suck on base models)
*Granted they are on sale now for $320.*

I'm not saying all, or even most aluminum blocks fail. But, I have seen a few in person, and a few online. Aluminum suspension parts are fine if in the proper location. My front spacers are billet aluminum, but they are solid and have a bolt running through them. Aluminum blocks are hollow and have that connecting wall in the middle for the pin. Too much stress in that area to be running a hollow aluminum block, in my opinion.

Remember, Mr. Gunter, the OP doesn't have an X-Runner. So if he's going to lower his whip just a little, might as well upgrade the suspension components at the same time for the same price.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
Mob parking lots.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
loblk08taco
I work on semi trucks, a peterbilt truck has a aluminum block on the front leaf spring,but its not a pure aluminum its like a alloy.They hold thousands of pounds for a while, but once the road salt and some age takes over ive seen them come in cracked or with pieces missing, thats what i would be worried about with this kit,corrosion.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
Mob parking lots.

If you got a solid block like this, you'll be fine...
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/images/blocks-1191.jpg

But blocks like this are danger...
http://www.racerworld.com/itemImages...E%7E%5F1%2EJPG
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
Hot Steppa

okkkk