Notices

3 inch drop

Old 02-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
loblk08taco
jason smith is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jason smith's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch drop

I have a 08 access cab 5 lug,im going to use the djm 3 inch drop on the front.On the back im looking at 3 inch blocks from street tacos,the problem is I dont know if i need the tapered or non tapered blocks.It says if you use the stock springs i have to use offset pins,but i dont know about the taper they are available both ways
Old 02-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Send brian an email or pm on here. He goes by beefed taco
Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
x2
Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
you would probably be fine with straight blocks, the tapered blocks are more for lifts to get the drive shaft angle right.. and Im not sure about the base model trucks but on my x runner for a 3 inch drop you have to notch the frame.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason smith View Post
I have a 08 access cab 5 lug,im going to use the djm 3 inch drop on the front.On the back im looking at 3 inch blocks from street tacos,the problem is I dont know if i need the tapered or non tapered blocks.It says if you use the stock springs i have to use offset pins,but i dont know about the taper they are available both ways
I have his 3" tapered blocks with offset pins.

They should be for sale at the end of next week.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
bestest blocks ever
Old 02-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #8
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
you would probably be fine with straight blocks, the tapered blocks are more for lifts to get the drive shaft angle right.. and Im not sure about the base model trucks but on my x runner for a 3 inch drop you have to notch the frame.

Dropped trucks have to deal with drive shaft angles, carrier bearings, etc., the concept is the same we still have live axles that you are either moving away or closer to the frame.

and you can go up to 4" out back without notching on the regular 5 lugs, its just your axle will be sitting very close to the frame. I'm at a 3.75" out back currently.

Angled blocks usually for anything more than 3"