1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lowered B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by mjbtaco, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Apr 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Kavik

Kavik Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Lowered: 3 inch drop blocks (Beefed Taco),Satoshi Grill, Morimoto bi-xenon H1 Retrofitted headlights, Flowmaster exhaust, Blue LED interior and exterior, blue LED dome light, Anzo black LED taillights, Hifonics Brutus 1100w Mono Block, Bazooka 300w Amp, LED license plate lights. Lifited: Fat Bob's rear shocks, Fat Bob's 3" spacer and rear AAL, Nitto Terragrapplers, weldertaco wrap around rear tube bumper, TrailWorx Fab tube front bumper
    Would you happen to have a link? Or is this site ok? http://djmsuspension.com/applications/toyota/2005-2011-toyota-tacoma/

2. Apr 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    Is this whatr djm quoted you for new lowers? Makes me wanna get them as soon as i can honestly because the way i drive if i brake an arm im gonna roll and die lol. I dont wanna die yet..... so maybe new arms and a powder coat!

3. Apr 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    yep, that's what they said. Check if yours have the extra plate on top of it. You may not need new ones. Should look like this...

20130417_115408_d4726492c72466745fe2181d5afbbfe55f1ebc70.jpg

Took this pic from XRU

4. Apr 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD
  5. Apr 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    Brendo Ballz808

Brendo Ballz808 Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Check out my build:)
    oohhh shit thank goodness!! i checked mines just now it looks like o got that extra plate:D

6. Apr 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD
    Yeah I'm just gonna go with replacements since I don't need the uppers

7. Apr 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    i dont think mines has that :(

8. Apr 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    is that plate underneath the neck area the one? these are mine before i installed, im guessing they are the new style then??

lowers.jpg
    lowers2.jpg
    lowers 3.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  9. Apr 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD
    Yup, you're good.

10. Apr 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    whew thanks, eased my mind. Im gonna still clean em up and spray em with that rustoleum undercoating tho. We got salty air and im always driving to the beach! too bad the nice little djm color style will have to go ;*(*

11. Apr 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    Ugh... not happy to hear about another failing DJM kit when I haven't even put mine on yet. Heck, my kit is still at the powder coaters so I can't even check to see if it's the newer, reinforced model or not... I sure hope it is!

Unfortunately, Mr. Who Dat Popcorn, DJM would probably find it pretty easy to deny you a replacement arm because you've got those home-made spindle spacers. I'm not saying that they had anything to do with the control arm failing, but DJM could probably claim that by changing the geometry of your suspension, forces are being applied to the lower control arm that they weren't originally designed for.

I'm inclined to think that the design of the lower control arm is leading to the failure. It's probably not a great idea to put a sharp bend in the metal like that (I can only make this Captain Obvious statement now that I'm seeing the problem ;)). After all, if you want to snap a piece of metal in half without cutting it, what do you do? Bend it back and forth until the metal fatigues and snaps. DJM put the first bend in the metal themselves, and then hundreds of miles of driving probably vibrates and flexes the metal enough to do the rest. I'm not sure how DJM could've design the arms any other way, but that would be my theory as to why the arms are failing.
    Are you going to remove the factory finish or paint over it? Having had DJM components before, I don't think painting over the top of the existing coating will do you any good. It's almost like the DJM powder coating (if that's what it is) just doesn't adhere well to the metal and flakes off.

12. Apr 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD
    They already denied me because I bought it from a third party vendor lol..Where did you buy yours from?

13. Apr 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    :( When you say "third party", you mean you bought them used from an individual or from an online store?

I bought it from Tony on the X-Runner forums... I sure hope they still honor my warranty. From the DJM web site:

I am the original purchase. I just hope I never have to use the warranty.

14. Apr 18, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    Kavik

Kavik Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Lowered: 3 inch drop blocks (Beefed Taco),Satoshi Grill, Morimoto bi-xenon H1 Retrofitted headlights, Flowmaster exhaust, Blue LED interior and exterior, blue LED dome light, Anzo black LED taillights, Hifonics Brutus 1100w Mono Block, Bazooka 300w Amp, LED license plate lights. Lifited: Fat Bob's rear shocks, Fat Bob's 3" spacer and rear AAL, Nitto Terragrapplers, weldertaco wrap around rear tube bumper, TrailWorx Fab tube front bumper
    Keep me posted, I might take some stuff off your hands.

15. Apr 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    brah keep me posted after I notch I might want them 4.5" Beefed Blocks

howcome u gonna sell em going lifted again?

16. Apr 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Very true if i still lived up there with my mom folks Id have a full long travel kit on my taco and say "fuck you bumps, rocks, and potholes"

you gonna go different set up on the lift this time?

17. Apr 19, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    I see a large part thats chipped off (powder coat) on my driving side lower arm I believeit was like that out of the box that ill clean up a little then im spraying the rustoleum black undercoat right on top of that area. I think it should stick fine. The rest seems pretty solid. As lng as tb ere js somthing block that corrosion from continually building and working its way through the arm. Im nkt worried about it to much. Plus I run my truck thtough the auto wash at least once every two weeks and it sprays the bottom so that helps. At least here theres no snow so they dont salt the roads. I imagine that is the majkr killers for you guys in the states. Urs being powder clated proffesionally should be money! If it wasnt my daily driver id take them off and do the same. But its ok

18. Apr 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD
    so they asked for some proof to show that I am the original owner of the arms so they may accept my claim. I will update you guys as soon as I hear back

19. Apr 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    hopefully there not d bags and they hook u up. just point them t0o this thread and we'll all agree to bash them with word of mouth. theyll never sell another set on this island.....muahahahah. lol. Nah im sure they'll do somthing about it.

20. Apr 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD
    lmao, i will :D

Yeah, I hope they replace it. I'll prolly have to buy the passenger side out of pocket since it's not broken YET, but it won't be too bad if they pay for my drivers side.

To Top