Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Lowered B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #1244
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by black09 View Post
i dont know what wheels you have but both of my sets dont have them
Not worried about it, it just helps keep it center but the wheels are on and they look sexy, pics will be up at lunch time!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #1245
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Not worried about it, it just helps keep it center but the wheels are on and they look sexy, pics will be up at lunch time!
It's past lunch time here, where are the pics :P
Old 05-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #1248
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fap fap fap
Old 05-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #1250
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Loving the change so far but I need to repaint my brake drums, I'm thinking of making those white as well.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #1251
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and here is the new offset.
What offset did you end up with?

I feel obligated to say your truck looks great since my truck is also white and will look very similar in the not-so-distant future I just ordered some wheels today, but I'm going to keep them a secret until my truck is lowered and looking how I want. The only clues I'll give is that they're black and 19"x8" with a 40mm offset I didn't really want to go with 40mm, but that was the only option available in the size I wanted. I love the look of the wheel and so I hope they don't look too "pushed in".
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #1252
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up going with 35mm and I think it works out better than my 30mm offset a bit.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #1253
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
im fucking jealous I'm still waiting on mines!!!!
thats what happens when you live in Hawai shit takes forever

i like it much better you went with 35 mm than a 45mm 45 would have looked weird
nice upgrade thug can't wait for mines to come one then we shall compare muahahahahahaha
Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #1254
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
im fucking jealous I'm still waiting on mines!!!!
thats what happens when you live in Hawai shit takes forever

i like it much better you went with 35 mm than a 45mm 45 would have looked weird
nice upgrade thug can't wait for mines to come one then we shall compare muahahahahahaha
I still can't wait to see the what the white looks like though. But I do like the matte black, it accents the truck perfectly for me.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #1255
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I still can't wait to see the what the white looks like though. But I do like the matte black, it accents the truck perfectly for me.
i agree it looks good the matte black
yeah I'm impatient and want my dayum wheels already!!
I've been rolling with the 20's up front and now its been making me think i should a just order 20x10's all around but then i thought naw no need so we will see

all you need is DJM up front and your good to go
you shouldn't have any clearance issues
Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #1256
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
What offset did you end up with?

I feel obligated to say your truck looks great since my truck is also white and will look very similar in the not-so-distant future I just ordered some wheels today, but I'm going to keep them a secret until my truck is lowered and looking how I want. The only clues I'll give is that they're black and 19"x8" with a 40mm offset I didn't really want to go with 40mm, but that was the only option available in the size I wanted. I love the look of the wheel and so I hope they don't look too "pushed in".
bastard you got 19's!!! i hate you, lol i think 19's will be perfect on our trucks. cant wait to see!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #1257

I wish I had bigger wheels lol, 17's show too much tire
Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #1258
black09 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
black09's Tacoma Gallery
i like my 20s the ride is horrible though i have 17s for winter they are nice but deff to much tire
Old 05-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #1259
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzcars View Post
I wish I had bigger wheels lol, 17's show too much tire
I have 3 and 1/2 18s I could sell you lol
Old 05-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #1260
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
bastard you got 19's!!! i hate you, lol i think 19's will be perfect on our trucks. cant wait to see!
Thanks! (I think? )

Just to keep things fun around here, attached is a 'teaser' pick

I kept teetering between 19's and 20's literally for months (way before I even bought my dumb-head truck). 20" tires are typically cheaper, but there's a lot of negatives to them:
  • wheels and tires weigh more
  • the weight is further from the center of the wheel, decreasing acceleration and braking performance even more (but then again, by going with 19's, it's not like I'm going to get great performance anyway)
  • I'd have to run such a small aspect ratio to keep the speedometer correct that rim protection from potholes becomes none-existant.
I've read all sorts of posts about people running 40 series tires having bent or damaged wheels and wishing they had gone with a 45 series. I had 45 series tires on my last truck for over 10 years, so I'm assuming that's a pretty safe bet. Since my truck is a daily driver, I do need a little sidewall, so 19's won.

Now I have to pick some tires and get them mounted. I plan on visiting Discount Tire as they're the only shop I've heard of that can install programmable TMPS sensors. The plan is to have new sensors put in the new wheels with the same sensor IDs as my OEM wheels. That way, when I swap my summer wheels for my winter wheels, the TMPS light will stay off w/o a trip to the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Lowered B.S. Thread-wheel_tease.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread