Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Lowered B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #1401
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone remember how much horsepower red caliper paint adds? I want to say +20 bhp ("brake horse power" ), but I'm not sure. I do know that red adds the most.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #1403
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
I just did my drums last weekend.
That be next on me list Hopefully you used high-temp paint? The VHT stuff I bought says it needs to be baked in the oven for an hour at 200 degrees in order to cure. Good thing the wifey is out of town so she can't see me baking car parts in the oven (I figure I'm going to put the oven in "cleaning mode" when I'm done to bake the snot out any chemical reside on the inside.)
Old 06-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #1404
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
That be next on me list Hopefully you used high-temp paint? The VHT stuff I bought says it needs to be baked in the oven for an hour at 200 degrees in order to cure. Good thing the wifey is out of town so she can't see me baking car parts in the oven (I figure I'm going to put the oven in "cleaning mode" when I'm done to bake the snot out any chemical reside on the inside.)
I did high temp and a clear coat to try and make it last long since this is the second time I have painted them, I also used some rust reformer.

I am pretty tempted to check these out http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/3876756584.html
Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #1406
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
So I have a question when you run blocks how do you keep it fastened down that looks like something I'd install to absorb our nasty roads without bottoming out when I carry coolers to the beach
I spoke with the guys at roadmaster, there are different kits and the two wheel drive east fit is different from what they show on that video. I donno why they dont update these videos. I ordered it so ill let you know in about a week! PICS

Quote:
Does anyone remember how much horsepower red caliper paint adds? I want to say +20 bhp ("brake horse power" ), but I'm not sure. I do know that red adds the most.

AHHH so nice, i dont know how to get these off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
I just did my drums last weekend.

nice i need to do this too, gotta figure out how to remove the cover lol
Old 06-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #1407
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good the caliper and the drum
I just left mines on sprayed some plasti dip and peeled it off the studs and its stayed on for 2 months so far with no problem but I wanna make it glossy so ima pick up some high temp and spray em

Also I cut the frame last night and after work today will be installing the notch kit and dropping another inch as well as trying to relocate brake lines
Old 06-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #1408
98lowta is on a distinguished road
Name: stephen
98lowta's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys i have a 98 tacoma and its bagged in the rear and i have a weird grinding noise when i go over bumps at a certain ride height. what could this be??
Old 06-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #1409
98lowta is on a distinguished road
Name: stephen
98lowta's Tacoma Gallery
recently was driving it and the crossmember holding my 4link broke and my driveshaft went down and pulled itself out of the transmission and trans fluid was everywhere. someone told me that it was the hanger bearing. is this true?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #1410
"Hey good-lookin'! Whatcha got cookin'?"

I sure hope this VHT high-temp paint lasts longer than the last time I painted my drums. Seems like Mr. Rusty Jones is not detered by most paints.

My BHLM is taking longer than I'd like. I started with Rust-Oleum satin black paint for plastic and it was too shiny for me. Then I used Rust-Oleum matte black automotive paint (pictured), but compared to the black plastic on the grill of the truck, it looks dark green Blech. So, another trip to the paint store tomorrow I guess.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #1411
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I sure hope this VHT high-temp paint lasts longer than the last time I painted my drums. Seems like Mr. Rusty Jones is not detered by most paints.

My BHLM is taking longer than I'd like. I started with Rust-Oleum satin black paint for plastic and it was too shiny for me. Then I used Rust-Oleum matte black automotive paint (pictured), but compared to the black plastic on the grill of the truck, it looks dark green Blech. So, another trip to the paint store tomorrow I guess.

No no no no, Satin black krylon fusion!!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #1412
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Mm yummy mods baking lol. What kinda paint did you use to do the calipers??? Did u brush on in place?? I'd love to copy you and do mine red like that to match my sways and x brace!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
What kinda paint did you use to do the calipers??? Did u brush on in place??
I used the Dupli-Color caliper kit from a local parts store for about $20. Red was the only color I could find. It is a brush on kit that includes a can of cleaner, tape, a brush, and the paint. By brushing on the paint, I didn't have to worry about bleeding my brakes or have to deal with red colored over-spray getting on everything.

There's enough paint to do several cars worth of calipers. It's pretty much a one day job as the paint dries relatively fast.

There are 4 main bolts on the back of the calipers: 2 that hold the caliper together and 2 that hold the caliper on the spindle. I removed them all and got the rotor out of the way while I was painting. The rotor came off really easily since the truck is new.

I have new rotors on order that have a black protective coating so I don't end-up with rust-balls showing through my new wheels (at least for a little while). I was just going to paint the rotors (the non-contact area, obviously), but since I couldn't find black caliper paint and it would've been nearly impossible to get paint in the vented area of the rotor, I just decided to get new ones ($40/each).
Old 06-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #1414
Large Member

Quote:
I used the Dupli-Color caliper kit from a local parts store for about $20. Red was the only color I could find. It is a brush on kit that includes a can of cleaner, tape, a brush, and the paint. By brushing on the paint, I didn't have to worry about bleeding my brakes or have to deal with red colored over-spray getting on everything.

There's enough paint to do several cars worth of calipers. It's pretty much a one day job as the paint dries relatively fast.

There are 4 main bolts on the back of the calipers: 2 that hold the caliper together and 2 that hold the caliper on the spindle. I removed them all and got the rotor out of the way while I was painting. The rotor came off really easily since the truck is new.

I have new rotors on order that have a black protective coating so I don't end-up with rust-balls showing through my new wheels (at least for a little while). I was just going to paint the rotors (the non-contact area, obviously), but since I couldn't find black caliper paint and it would've been nearly impossible to get paint in the vented area of the rotor, I just decided to get new ones ($40/each).
got any pics of those new rotors installed, im curious, mine are all rusty stupid salt air
Old 06-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
got any pics of those new rotors installed, im curious, mine are all rusty stupid salt air
I don't have them yet, but I ordered these Raybestos rotors 'cause Amazon only had 1 of the Centric rotors in stock. had on the Centric rotors on my last truck and was very happy with them, especially considering the price. I had Power-Slot rotors prior to the Centrics and they got bent after about a year (maybe I splashed them with a puddle or something.) I decided I'm not going to spend a lot on rotors any more because there's no guarantee they'll last and I didn't see any real benefit to paying more.

Note the hub and vented area of the rotor are painted black on this Centric rotor. The only part that'll rust is the brake pad surface.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #1416
Large Member

Quote:
I don't have them yet, but I ordered these Raybestos rotors 'cause Amazon only had 1 of the Centric rotors in stock. had on the Centric rotors on my last truck and was very happy with them, especially considering the price. I had Power-Slot rotors prior to the Centrics and they got bent after about a year (maybe I splashed them with a puddle or something.) I decided I'm not going to spend a lot on rotors any more because there's no guarantee they'll last and I didn't see any real benefit to paying more.

Note the hub and vented area of the rotor are painted black on this Centric rotor. The only part that'll rust is the brake pad surface.
nice! how much those cost ya!?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #1418
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
finally removed the body lift. Just sitting on the tundra racing 3" drop kit now. Attachment 219152
Looks good man how's the turning on it now though I'd imagine you rub inside a lot now that the body lift is off
Old 06-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1419

Quote:
I shouldnt rub. I got the tire size that tundra racing recommended me. 255/60-18

Havnt drove it yet.
ooo i see
looks good though sorta look like a rally racing truck straight up just add a turbo and bammm!!! got a BAMF truck for sure:P
keep it up man i like when people are outside the box on their creations
Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #1420
Quote:
I suck at pictars! Attachment 219268
Cameras, especially cheap ones in most phones, will need a lot of light to produce remotely decent pictures. Don't even bother taking night shots with a cheap phone camera. Also avoid taking pictures directly into the sign like you did the in the first set of pictures... and get your truck out of the shadow of the other truck. Put your truck in direct sunlight with the sun behind you so there aren't a lot of shadows on your truck. That's the best you can hope for

Products Discussed in this Thread