Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

BAGGING MY 2000 TACO NEED SOME ADVICE!!!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
BAMASWAG is on a distinguished road
BAMASWAG's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation BAGGING MY 2000 TACO NEED SOME ADVICE!!!!!

i am about to begin bagging my taco and want to know the best setup and most affordable setup..PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
with bagged trucks there is not affordable unless you half ass rig it up... Or down lol the best setup your gonna have is custom.. I really dont think anybody makes a bolt on bag setup..
Old 03-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Aint nothin cheap about baggin unless your a good fabricator/welder, its a pricey game and when stuff breaks it aint pretty (from my experience).
Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
cantilever(sp) 4 link..not cheap, but SOOOOOO worth it
Old 03-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
So depends on what you want.

Do you want to lay frame, on 18's, 20s, 22's?

Most basic (affordable) will be a cup set in the front with a two link in the rear, but the sky is the limit when it comes to bag set-ups.

I had tubular control arms, and a cantilever 6-link on my old silverado, but it was not cheap (road really nice though, haha).
Old 03-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
SITNLOWSITNFAT is on a distinguished road

SITNLOWSITNFAT's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.candospecialties.com/ they have a kick ass 4 ink and control arms. Good luck with the build
Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
BAMASWAG is on a distinguished road
BAMASWAG's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everyone

i want to lay frame on 18s..thanks for the help!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #10
GTaco01 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AFE
Name: Niko
GTaco01's Tacoma Gallery
Bags are for Groceries

"You gonna bag that taco G?" ME: no . . . . . bags are for groceries
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #11
xtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the rough

xtotalanarcoix's Tacoma Gallery
Please prepare yourself to do it right, it won't be cheap but it will be fun! There are more hacked and dangerous mini trucks out there than I care to think about. I don't personally care too much for bolt on setups but that's just me. However what I will say is that a properly calculated forward facing four link is about the best way to go. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me here on by PM and I will be glad to help out. I always recommend reading and researching as much as you can before diving into anything this serious. I think the projects section here and at custom tacos is a great starting point.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
gospurs21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
gospurs21's Tacoma Gallery
there is NO beauty in a bagged truck >>IMO<< jus ruining a perfectly nice truck!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospurs21 View Post
there is NO beauty in a bagged truck >>IMO<< jus ruining a perfectly nice truck!
there is no sense in having a texas edition prerunner with chrome all over it either. so if you dont like it then dont post. its not your truck.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
xtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the rough

xtotalanarcoix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

oh, well never mind then everyone stop bagging trucks now.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
NcTomPwice is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
NcTomPwice's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i just bought me a 02 tacoma that im going lay out this winter and all.. and im going to do either 18's and 20's or 20's all away around.. let me tell you it not let me tell you there no such thing as cheap in the world of customs.. unless you know how do it all your self which i dont and trust me when i built my dodge i had a ton of money in it.. but long you get it done right your be very happy with it laid out and fyi yeah steve at cando does offer great parts for the yota world here a picture of my old truck
Old 09-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #16
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
there is no sense in having a texas edition prerunner with chrome all over it either. so if you dont like it then dont post. its not your truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtotalanarcoix View Post
You jelly?

http://priuschat.com/forums/attachme...ius-8prius.jpg
Old 09-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtotalanarcoix View Post
You jelly?

Old 09-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
NcTomPwice is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
NcTomPwice's Tacoma Gallery
OH AND STEVE AT CANDO DOES SELL A BOLT ON REAR SETUP KIT FOR TACOMA'S IF YOU WANTING GO THAT WAY AND IT 900.00 FOR THE KIT
Old 09-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #19
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
You jelly?

Old 09-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #20
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Kelderman mans some fuckin awesome shit! or you could go to bagit.com i think thats what it is called they got soooooooooooooooooooo many stuff there and good prices!