Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Some rim and drop question

Old 03-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
TheBlueGoose is on a distinguished road

TheBlueGoose's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Some rim and drop question

Fist off, Hi everyone. Hope i'm posting this in the right place. Here we go...
I have a 2011 Tacoma (5 lug) and was wondering if I could fit some 20's on it without it looking stupid or should I go with 18's? I was also thinking of getting the sittin sic 2 in drop. Would I scrape if I went that low? would 20's still fit if i did? The bolt pattern for the rim i'm getting fits 4x100, 4x114.3, 5x108, 5x114.3, 5x115 and the offset was 40. Does that fit my truck? Sorry for the million questions. I've got big plans for this truck and want to do things the right way. I appreciate any advice or tips. Mahalo

ps, would it look ghetto if i painted my stocks black untill i got the rims? I was tryin to find pictures of painted stocks but couldn't find any. Thanks again
Old 03-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
you will not scrape with the sittin sic drop, esp if you plan to have 20s on there. i'm djm and i can still hit up dirt roads without scraping lol..i do have huge tires tho...how wide are the rims? 40 offset is pretty low unless your going real wide.

20s vs 18s are up to you, 20s are the upper limit in rim size (imo) for our trucks, once you go 22s it tends to look silly.

and there are a few trucks up here i think with black stockers, might be grey, just gotta look around...i think some of the lifted 5 lugs are running stock painted rims.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply man. The rim width is 7.5. I'm not really sure what offset means but it also comes in 30. I thought the 20's might look too flashy so I decided to go with 18's. So, with the +40 offset, would my tires and rims stick out or not stick out enough
Old 03-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #5
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
wont he rub the inside fender well with that off set in the front and that bog of rims? i could be wrong.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
loblk08taco
jason smith is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jason smith's Tacoma Gallery
I have 18" xrunner rims with djm 3" and a street tacos 3' block kit and the front gets close at the dogleg on the fender when I steer.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason smith View Post
I have 18" xrunner rims with djm 3" and a street tacos 3' block kit and the front gets close at the dogleg on the fender when I steer.
u got pics?????
Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #8
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery

Back when I had my stockers painted
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #9
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
The XR wheel is 18x8.5+30.

Your bolt pattern is 5x4.5" or 5x114.3mm

If you put on 20's and do a drop, you're definitely going to rub a little.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
i had a set of 20s that where 8.5 wide and they didn't rub at all. the only reason i don't have them anymore because of all the potholes in my area cracked them
Old 03-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
i had a set of 20s that where 8.5 wide and they didn't rub at all. the only reason i don't have them anymore because of all the potholes in my area cracked them
I'll also venture to guess you didn't lower your truck at all either.

The OP is talking about 20's and lowered.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #12
Hot Steppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post

Back when I had my stockers painted

how does it look now???
Old 03-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
how does it look now???
Pics in album
Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #14

Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I decided to go with 18's and drop it about 3 inches. That'll have to wait till next tax returns lol. For now, I just changed the deck and put in a 10 inch Rockford fosgate. That thing slams pretty hard. Thanks for the pictures of the painted rims. Now I have an idea on what it would look like.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #15
Hot Steppa

where the updated pic of your truck man???? ^
Old 04-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #16
Dafuq

Who??? lol
Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #17
Hot Steppa

TheBlueGoose
Old 04-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #18
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
LOL @ 2nd gen guys being low

Go lower, stay with 18s and get something flush.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #19
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
LOL @ 2nd gen guys being low
Old 04-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #20

Sorry took so long...Busy week. Anyway, I removed the middle Seat belt thing in the back of the seat to open up all kinds of space. I grinded the metal over there and hooked up my ground wire for my speaker.

Definitely the best mod so far. The stock radio is too weak. This sub might not look like much but i assure you that this 10 slams pretty hard in this truck. More than enough for my taste. The radio is a sony xplode and came with the dash kit, i know they dont get a good reputation but this model got really good reviews and so far, i can't really complain. It does everything that I wan't it to so thats all that matters. I'm also proud to say that I hooked it up all by myself. Thanks again guys for the advice