Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Nice 04 std cab gets notched & dropped 5 / 6-1/4"

Old 03-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice 04 std cab gets notched & dropped 5 / 6-1/4"

This is Jesse's truck. He keeps it clean! He followed me into a parking lot and asked where I had my truck lowered. I told him, well, as a matter of fact.........I did, and I'd love to do yours. I told him to ditch the monster truck tires it came with and find something 25" or smaller in diameter, which he did the day before the drop.

I notched it a couple months back and dropped it this past Saturday. Here's some info on the parts that I used....

front:

b/j flip & 2" Belltech coils
KYB Monomax shocks

rear:
streetacos c-notch
3-1/4" tapered streetacos blocks (special blocks that relocated the axle 3/4" back since leaf drops push the drive shaft into the trans)
1/2" diameter / quality u-bolts
removed leaf from 5-lug pack
KYB Monomax shocks

Tires:
205/60/15

required rear fender lip/liner trim as usual when going beyond 4" in back

spotted this truck to park next to for pics during my next morning test drive. Jesse is a super chill guy and left it with me over night so I backed mine into the garage and parked his where I usually park mine. It was nice going from a 99 to a 04 that looked 98% identical! The 2 trucks mirrored each other.

The 04 drove really good on the crappy roads in my town, thanks to having taller sidewalls on the tires than I'm used to. The truck drove SOLID and handled a million times better than when he dropped it off! I couldn't get the front tires to rub the inner fenders on my test drive. I did my usual trim with my x-acto blade on the front liners above the tires to get rid of the 3/4" of liner that hangs down. It's a precious 3/4" that makes the difference of hearing the tire rub the liner or not rub anything. I drove it through drainage dips in a parking lot faster than I do in mine, it did great.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
go lower =)
Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco

That looks SWEET even with the stock rims and big rubber.