Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

New street style skid plate / fits 95.5-04 trucks

Old 05-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
New street style skid plate / fits 95.5-04 trucks

For a long time now I've wanted to build a skid plate that's made more for a lowered street truck. Why? Because they look sweet and when something flies at you on the freeway, it's a nice feeling to know it's going to deflect off the plate and the radiator and belts will be fine. (Been there got it by that)

This new style is simpler than my old. It uses the 2 cargo hooks on each frame rail that all 95.5-04 trucks have. Bolt on is as easy as removing the 2 bolts and hooks on each rail, then bolting the new skid on and reusing the factory cargo hooks.

Front bar protects radiator, lower bar protects sway bar and since it hides the bar, but is the same height as the sway bar, doesn't affect ground clearance, makes the plate visable on a lowered truck, and allows the use of aftermarket sway bars and shouldn't interfere with a intercooler on turbo trucks.

It weighs in at a measly 9 lbs and is offered with or w/o holes in the plate. Stainless hardware is used. Shipping is very affordable, calculated by area, and the item can be seen at streetacos.com on the product page by searching skid plates.

The last attachment is the old style that also used the 4 cross member bolts, this new skid hangs in front of the sway bar and is more visable on a street truck. I'll build myself one soon and post pics of it installed. I boxed this one quick and it's on it's way to New Orleans if New Orleans is still there after they opened the flood gates of hell.

Attached Thumbnails
New street style skid plate / fits 95.5-04 trucks-skid-plate-95-04-007.jpg   New street style skid plate / fits 95.5-04 trucks-skid-plate-95-04-006.jpg   New street style skid plate / fits 95.5-04 trucks-skid-plate-95-04-003.jpg   New street style skid plate / fits 95.5-04 trucks-framebrace00005.jpg  
Old 05-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
you should start building Mazda stuff now that I've gone the way of the (M)
Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #4
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
you should start building Mazda stuff now that I've gone the way of the (M)
ooooohhhhh....it'll fit...

Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
SlammedSociety
norcalduck510 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
norcalduck510's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like a skid/bash guard that covers the swaybar mounts and oil pan, maybe with a small hole to access the oil drain plug. The cover would be more function than style. I'm scared of hitting stuff on the roads and severely denting my oil pan or catching some speed bumps on the brace that the swaybar mounts to. Rig something up beefed?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalduck510 View Post
I'd like a skid/bash guard that covers the swaybar mounts and oil pan, maybe with a small hole to access the oil drain plug. The cover would be more function than style. I'm scared of hitting stuff on the roads and severely denting my oil pan or catching some speed bumps on the brace that the swaybar mounts to. Rig something up beefed?
I'll look under my truck today and get some ideas for you. I'd love to build something like you mentioned and since I own your model truck it won't be a problem. It'll use factory holes that all 95.5-04 trucks will have. Stay tuned, I'll run my ideas by you.