Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Opertion Red and Black.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:51 AM   #21
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
I'm still getting parts for my drop and noticed this the other day when I was looking at the front (bottom of my hand is where the actual tire is, stock suspension)

looks like I may have rubbed the inner fender as well with the tires along with what I am pointing at (you can see a little of the inner fender rub in the upper left corner of picture). What is it's purpose there and will it effect the front drop? (planning on a 3" front). Does the SC Tacoma have this?

i cut mine off...when i was running the super swampers it would rub pretty bad when i went over harsh bumps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
they are in the happy position and i havent really noticed to bad of a ride so far. but i will look into it when i get my BEEFED blocks in and rip everything back apart. thanks for the tip. i am considering removing the overload all together, because like you said it only acts as a helper when you overload the suspension or put a load in the bed. hence the name haha

and im not hauling anything so its really not doing anything but adding another 30 pounds to the ass end of my truck. im gonna run without them for a little and see how it feels with the blocks installed. ill let you guys know how it goes.
oh ok you should be good...idk it rode SUPER stiff when i had mine that way, but the roads down here are really bad so idk.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #22
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
i cut mine off...when i was running the super swampers it would rub pretty bad when i went over harsh bumps...

oh ok you should be good...idk it rode SUPER stiff when i had mine that way, but the roads down here are really bad so idk.
I am figruring stuff out as i go so i am gonna mess around with my leafs until i find what works best cause i know things are gonna change a bit once i put the blocks in.

the front end though, sittin sic coils and XR bilsteins, rides pretty damn nice. and i imagine it will only get better as things break-in a bit.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #23
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
sweet, going down to 245/40's soon, if all goes well I'll be swapping out the 18's for 20's
Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #24
JSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shedJSW is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
JSW's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to JSW
Love the project man! I'm doing the same project theme. I'm going for a Darth Maul theme. Black Rims, BLHM, Black Grille, etc. Already got the tailights tinted and the black grille is on its way! Good Luck!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #25
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSW View Post
Love the project man! I'm doing the same project theme. I'm going for a Darth Maul theme. Black Rims, BLHM, Black Grille, etc. Already got the tailights tinted and the black grille is on its way! Good Luck!
Thanks dude. i thought about going with black rims too, but everyone and their brother has black rims nowadays and theyre kinda loosing their appeal.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #26

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
got my BEEFED blocks installed last weekend and my x-runner wheels and tires today. so i slap these babies on and hit the highway to go to work and they are vibrating like a SOB. im already almost late for work so i dont have a choice but to roll on them. turns out the dude who sold me the wheels neglected to tell me he removed the TPMS sensors and never rebalanced the wheels/tires. now i have a wierd "clack" sound from my front end when i press on my brakes. AWESOME. hope i didnt f**k something up.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #27
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
got my BEEFED blocks installed last weekend and my x-runner wheels and tires today. so i slap these babies on and hit the highway to go to work and they are vibrating like a SOB. im already almost late for work so i dont have a choice but to roll on them. turns out the dude who sold me the wheels neglected to tell me he removed the TPMS sensors and never rebalanced the wheels/tires. now i have a wierd "clack" sound from my front end when i press on my brakes. AWESOME. hope i didnt f**k something up.
Sucks dude. What a fuckin dickhead huh?

The tire shop that removed and remounted the tires after he pulled the TPMS should have balanced them. Gotta be standard practice. Clowns.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #28

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Sucks dude. What a fuckin dickhead huh?

The tire shop that removed and remounted the tires after he pulled the TPMS should have balanced them. Gotta be standard practice. Clowns.
yeah i thought that was a normal operations for a tire shop? luckily my tire shop down the street squeeked me in early tomorrow for a TPMS swap and re-balance and alignment.

except now i got hunt for that noise that only happens when im moving. should be fun.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #29
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
try use a video camera and attach it to the underside?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #30

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
got everything balanced and swapped over. rides like a champ now. when i had everything apart i looked at and put a wrench on everything in the front end that could move. NOTHING! but the noise stopped so i am over it. haha

i should go ask the dick that sold me the wheels for $120 back to pay for this shit.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #31

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery

Heres how she looks after the rest of the drop is installed and the XR wheels.

like the way it sits now and rides nice. eventually going lower, but stereo stuff is next on the list.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #32
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
niceeee
Old 07-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #33

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
BEFORE...

AFTER...

Thanks to thexbusxdriver for his sweet ass write up on tail light tinting. followed it to a "T" and they came out great.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #35

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
New wheels makes a world of difference huh!

It looks great, nice job!!
thanks man. and yes the wheels have made quite a difference.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #36

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
so i havent been updating my build as often as i should. but these are the goodies i picked up about 3 weeks ago for a F'ing killer deal at local junk yard. did a bucket seat swap and center console swap. evrything fit like a glove and took very little modding to fit everything in.

for those wondering, all the mount holes for the bucket seats are already there, you just have to cut holes in the carpet and carpet liner to find where they are. same goes for center console mounting bracket under the arm rest.

if anyone has any questions on the install feel free to ask, i am not gonna post another bucket swap thread because i know there are at least 2 "how to's" on TW already.

seats are a little crusty in the pic but they cleaned up nice and i am gonna shampoo them again to get the last bit of dust out .

stuff after i picked it up...

and after the install. sorry for shitty pics but i am using an iphone...
Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #37

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
here is how she sits now. i also took the stock 5 lug overload leaf out and put in the prerunner overload that came with the leafs when i got them. i flipped them over to the "happy" position and drilled out the rivet holding the parking brake bracket and removed that so they would fit. also dont have the tonneau on anymore. it for sale if anyone wants it $250 takes it home.

got rid of the x-runner wheels for now and painted my stockers black. also have the xr rims for sale if anyones interested for $550
Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #38

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
i also just recently installed a Flowmaster Super 40 and dumped it down right before the axle. sounds real nice and i am happy with the tone for my little 4 banger. will post pics of the install soon.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #39
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i also just recently installed a Flowmaster Super 40 and dumped it down right before the axle. sounds real nice and i am happy with the tone for my little 4 banger. will post pics of the install soon.
*patiently awaiting pics
Old 03-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #40
2damax is on a distinguished road
2damax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
BEFORE...

AFTER...

Thanks to thexbusxdriver for his sweet ass write up on tail light tinting. followed it to a "T" and they came out great.
nice truck....

ya have a link to tinting those tail lights ?