Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Opertion Red and Black.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #42
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2damax View Post
nice truck....

ya have a link to tinting those tail lights ?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-way-pics.html
Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #43
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
like the the before
in reference to the tail lights?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #44

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Since being overseas I have been stockpiling parts. Thus far I have a set of color matched eyelids, OEM fender flares on the way from Black Sheep, and about to order a DJM front control arm setup in the next month or so. Still need to get the scoop insert parts for the hood, toyota center caps for the wheels and a catback system (jerry rigged Flowmaster was good for a bit but I wanna do it right). Then gotta find a paint shop at wherever I get stationed next for me paint job. T-Minus 5 months or so until Mod-apalooza. Stay tuned.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #45
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Since being overseas I have been stockpiling parts. Thus far I have a set of color matched eyelids, OEM fender flares on the way from Black Sheep, and about to order a DJM front control arm setup in the next month or so. Still need to get the scoop insert parts for the hood, toyota center caps for the wheels and a catback system (jerry rigged Flowmaster was good for a bit but I wanna do it right). Then gotta find a paint shop at wherever I get stationed next for me paint job. T-Minus 5 months or so until Mod-apalooza. Stay tuned.
Excellent!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #46

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Well. Seeing as Portuguese island roads are not friendly to a lowered truck my build has taken a bit of a different direction. Put the stock suspension back on and got some 235/75/R15 Goodyear Wrangler tires on the way. Put the eyelids on and talking to a local paint shop about painting the hood and front bumper. I will get pics up when I get the tires on.

Anyone know where I can purchase Toyota OEM paint by the gallon or quart via the internet? Or anyone have a paint connection in the states?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #47
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer. Your truck would look really sharp completely color-matched with the X-Runner wheels.
Quote:
Anyone know where I can purchase Toyota OEM paint by the gallon or quart via the internet? Or anyone have a paint connection in the states?
If you actually want the paint to match, you're much better off having the paint done by a professional... 'specially since your truck is red. Even if you buy paint that is mixed to match the paint code of your truck, that doesn't take into consideration the fact that your paint has probably faded due to the sun and the environment.

Not only that, your hood and bumper have to deal with road debris thrown at it by the vehicles in front of you (and bugs), which means you don't want some cheap, do-it-yourself paint job that is going to flake off at the first rock that comes it's way. The bumper will have to be prepped and painted differently than the hood because the bumper is plastic. In the end, you'll end-up spending hundreds on supplies only to get a questionably good paint job in the end if you try to do it yourself.

I hate getting stuff painted because it's so freekin' expensive, but it's better to get it done right the first time.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #48

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
Bummer. Your truck would look really sharp completely color-matched with the X-Runner wheels.

If you actually want the paint to match, you're much better off having the paint done by a professional... 'specially since your truck is red. Even if you buy paint that is mixed to match the paint code of your truck, that doesn't take into consideration the fact that your paint has probably faded due to the sun and the environment.

Not only that, your hood and bumper have to deal with road debris thrown at it by the vehicles in front of you (and bugs), which means you don't want some cheap, do-it-yourself paint job that is going to flake off at the first rock that comes it's way. The bumper will have to be prepped and painted differently than the hood because the bumper is plastic. In the end, you'll end-up spending hundreds on supplies only to get a questionably good paint job in the end if you try to do it yourself.

I hate getting stuff painted because it's so freekin' expensive, but it's better to get it done right the first time.
I totally agree with the ridiculous prices for painting things. But seeing as I am on a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and there is only one paint shop here, I dont have many options. Probably just going to leave the bumper bare but I have to get the hood painted because the sea air here is going to rust it in the next few months if I dont get it painted.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:34 AM   #49

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery

Back to stock suspension.
235/75/R15 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires on stock steelies with sweet ass spray paint job.
May be doing a 1 inch spacer up front to level it.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #50

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a Fat Bobs lift. Post pics when it's installed.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #52

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
oh dayum going th other direction!
Yeah man. European roads are not friendly on lowered trucks. I am out in the country and these roads see as much tractor and cattle traffic as they do vehicle traffic. It was beating the truck up pretty bad. Figured I'd go the other direction for practical reasons. Not to mention I am 3000 miles from nearest Toyota shop.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #54

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Lol makes sense. If I had 4x4 I would definitely get a lift. Or long travel using total chaos stuff. The little 5 lug gers they have on there website are so nice!!!
Yeah if I had $7k laying around I would do a long travel. But for now I go FatBobs. haha
Old 11-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #55
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah if I had $7k laying around I would do a long travel. But for now I go FatBobs. haha
lol true, i dont have that or the 4x4 so its only a dream ha ha.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #56

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
well Fat Bob's sent me the wrong stuff. I received two different types of shocks for the rear, the correct one is the type with the threaded end that mounts in the shock tower with the bushings and has the nut that threads on the top. The incorrect one is the type that has the bushing on the rod end that mounts on to a post. There is also some miscellaneous spare bushings and little 2 inch long rod things which I am guessing are for mounting shocks, that came with the kit.I am pretty pissed off about this. Not to mention 4x4parts is dicking me around about the front struts I ordered and hasnt even shipped them 2 weeks after I ordered them.Anyone had any issues with Fat Bobs sending the wrong stuff?
Old 12-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #57

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my other rear shock. And Fat Bob's Garage sent me the wrong shock...AGAIN!! These guys are pissing me off. I am still waiting for backordered Bilstein Struts for the front but it would be nice to have one less thing to worry about. Man Fat Bob's is gonna get a nice email tomorrow.