Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Opertion Red and Black.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Operation Red and Black.

Mods please delete this thread!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
had some problems figuring out the picture thing for these posts. new guy and computer dumb. but here ya go guys. lemme know what ya think.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
Can't Fix Stupid
wdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of lightwdinfla is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: General Purpose Vehicle Mechanic 2nd Combat Communications Group
Name: Walt
wdinfla's Tacoma Gallery
I like the front drop with the sittin sic springs. How long did it take for you to get the springs. I've heard sometimes it can take awhile. I want to use his springs in front and his mono leaf in the rear. Probably do the whole kit including the sway bars. The XR bilstiens really make a big difference over stock, huh?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdinfla View Post
I like the front drop with the sittin sic springs. How long did it take for you to get the springs. I've heard sometimes it can take awhile. I want to use his springs in front and his mono leaf in the rear. Probably do the whole kit including the sway bars. The XR bilstiens really make a big difference over stock, huh?
I got the springs after about 2 1/2 weeks and 2 emails haha. i havent really heard anything good about the monoleaf setup though. heard issues with it delaminating and stuff especially in wetter climates. and the xr bilstiens tighten it up a lot, but still rides nice.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
wait its lowered? Its not that much at all lol. Needs more low
i know i know haha!! im workin on it. not going too much farther though, another inch in the front and 2 in the back. if i had the means to slam this thing to the floor i would.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
great job on the mods bro! hey I was wondering, where did you get your fron XR shocks and why did you use the 2wd stock overload on the 4x4 leafs?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelsMyKuya View Post
great job on the mods bro! hey I was wondering, where did you get your fron XR shocks and why did you use the 2wd stock overload on the 4x4 leafs?
I got my XR shocks(front and back) from dealerdirectparts.com all four were $203. but something got screwed up along the way and i was never charged but still received the parts.

i used the stock overloads because i was looking at the leafs when i pulled everything apart and the stock overloads from my 2wd were arched a bit less than the 4x4 overloads and they are just a touch thinner. i figured what the hell, another member on here (kelson) used his stock 2wd overloads and hasnt had any complaints. so i gave it a shot. more of a trial and error kinda thing i guess. rides real nice so far.

i am contemplating taking the overloads off all together, because i dont haul anything crazy, and i wanna see if it will get me about another 1/2 inch of drop. im new to dropping 2nd gen tacomas so i am experimenting with stuff. safely of course haha
Old 06-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #11
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
got hooked up with a chrome rear bumper off an 08 prerunner. i did the BHLM on her headlights and she liked my stock black bumper(her truck is black). asked if i wanted to swap. i said hells yeah. now im all shiny out back.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #12
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dont remove the overload, im pretty sure that one is important. However you can remove the middle leaf from the 4wd pack and get I THINK 2-3". I dont have a 2nd gen so i dont know personaly. Go find ryan, hes got a very low 2nd gen single cab.
i dont know. i feel like if i took out a leaf it would be awfully squishy in the rear end. i want my truck low but i am trying to preserve as much ride quality as possible. haha i dont think those two things go hand in hand though.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #13
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dont remove the overload, im pretty sure that one is important. However you can remove the middle leaf from the 4wd pack and get I THINK 2-3". I dont have a 2nd gen so i dont know personaly. Go find ryan, hes got a very low 2nd gen single cab.
ryry doesn't have an overload anymore. the overload leaf on engages when the suspension is flexed toward the truck, and when you have a lowered truck esp 2nd gens, usually you have less suspension travel and it really wouldn't do too much of a difference. the overload creates the progression of the spring rate in the leafs, but only after a certain amount of travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
I got my XR shocks(front and back) from dealerdirectparts.com all four were $203. but something got screwed up along the way and i was never charged but still received the parts.

i used the stock overloads because i was looking at the leafs when i pulled everything apart and the stock overloads from my 2wd were arched a bit less than the 4x4 overloads and they are just a touch thinner. i figured what the hell, another member on here (kelson) used his stock 2wd overloads and hasnt had any complaints. so i gave it a shot. more of a trial and error kinda thing i guess. rides real nice so far.

i am contemplating taking the overloads off all together, because i dont haul anything crazy, and i wanna see if it will get me about another 1/2 inch of drop. im new to dropping 2nd gen tacomas so i am experimenting with stuff. safely of course haha
did you put them in the happy or unhappy position?

i took my 5 lug overloads off a long time ago....im just running the stock 4x4 leaf pack. it

if it's unhappy, which im assuming cause i tried both ways and happy leads to a dump truck like ride, i suggest you take them off and replace them with your normal ones cuz there's a nice rivet in the front of them that might cause create a stress point on your other two leafs.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #14
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still getting parts for my drop and noticed this the other day when I was looking at the front (bottom of my hand is where the actual tire is, stock suspension)

looks like I may have rubbed the inner fender as well with the tires along with what I am pointing at (you can see a little of the inner fender rub in the upper left corner of picture). What is it's purpose there and will it effect the front drop? (planning on a 3" front). Does the SC Tacoma have this?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #15
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
ryry doesn't have an overload anymore. the overload leaf on engages when the suspension is flexed toward the truck, and when you have a lowered truck esp 2nd gens, usually you have less suspension travel and it really wouldn't do too much of a difference. the overload creates the progression of the spring rate in the leafs, but only after a certain amount of travel.

did you put them in the happy or unhappy position?

i took my 5 lug overloads off a long time ago....im just running the stock 4x4 leaf pack. it

if it's unhappy, which im assuming cause i tried both ways and happy leads to a dump truck like ride, i suggest you take them off and replace them with your normal ones cuz there's a nice rivet in the front of them that might cause create a stress point on your other two leafs.
they are in the happy position and i havent really noticed to bad of a ride so far. but i will look into it when i get my BEEFED blocks in and rip everything back apart. thanks for the tip. i am considering removing the overload all together, because like you said it only acts as a helper when you overload the suspension or put a load in the bed. hence the name haha

and im not hauling anything so its really not doing anything but adding another 30 pounds to the ass end of my truck. im gonna run without them for a little and see how it feels with the blocks installed. ill let you guys know how it goes.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #16
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
I'm still getting parts for my drop and noticed this the other day when I was looking at the front (bottom of my hand is where the actual tire is, stock suspension)

looks like I may have rubbed the inner fender as well with the tires along with what I am pointing at (you can see a little of the inner fender rub in the upper left corner of picture). What is it's purpose there and will it effect the front drop? (planning on a 3" front). Does the SC Tacoma have this?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #18
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
skip grill craft and rock a homer satoshi man.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #19
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
1) I have 4x4 leafs.
2) When I did remove the overload, it didn't do anything, so I put it back on.
3) When I went from 3" to 4" blocks, I only removed the overload so I wouldn't have to buy new u-bolts.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
skip grill craft and rock a homer satoshi man.
Dont like the look of the recessed grille on satoshi mod grilles.