Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Firestone Lifetime Alignment

Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Lifetime Alignment

I read that it's every 6,000 miles or whenever needed..I have this problem with my truck getting knocked out ALOT..I've had 4 alignments in the past 2 years(little under 2 years).

1999 Toyota Tacoma 5 lug.

I've been working on tackling the problem to figure out what it is..so far I've done new balljoints, uppers and lowers; and I've done new tie rods.
I think I need new bushings in control arms..and new shocks definitely.

I know a few members on here have it..like Ryanjboutin

Will they actually align it "when needed"? Because if mine is showing tire wear, I want that shit aligned..and I'm not going to buy it if they deny the service if I go in every..say 2 months..

Plus I drive a little under 5,000 miles every 2 months anyway...

Just curious..I'm going to go talk to my local one soon.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I have used it four or five times in the last three months. I don't think they have a limit as to when you are able to use it. It has already paid for itself plus some.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool..I'm going to talk to my local one..and see what they say to confirm.

It'll be good because I plan on getting an alignment, and within another month..plan on going lower..

I saw it's like regularly $179? but sometimes goes on sale for $129?...I'm gonna look around

What did you pay Andrew?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Think it's normally 169 or something but they gave it to me for 150. plus tax.

Either way, you'll be saving money getting the lifetime if you know you are going to tinker with it in the future. I've even taken it back the next day since it was pulling a bit to the right and they fixed it up. I just changed my suspension around the other day and it was perfectly aligned when I got it back.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
I'll eat all your food.

Nice, I'm gonna pull the plug on it soon.

Just need new tires now...
Old 07-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Ya ive been thinking about this. Whats the max tire size they will work on? Does anyone know? tia
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #7
Adamantium Member
damnitzryan is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
damnitzryan's Tacoma Gallery
I used to work at Firestone. Yes, you can align it as much as you want. In fact, the more you bring it in, the more money the technicians will make, even if you never buy anything from them again.

Although the tire size is important, I don't think any Firestone will decline service just because you have larger tires. The equipment that they use for the alignment machine mounts onto the rim. With that said, if your tire is big enough and has a large/tough enough bead on it, they might not have the correct adaptors in order to mount the equipment onto the rim.

I would still take it in and see what they say if you're worried about tire size being a factor. Worst case scenario: they can't do the alignment and you leave with no charge.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #8
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same plan at the goodyear place by my house in Las Vegas. been in there like 4 times in the past two months and they havent asked any questions. already paid for itself. so goodyear is also an option if available
Old 07-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I went with NTB 1 yr first time with the 05 and got 5 alignments out of them after different modding and then a do over once when they had the steering wheel off a bit. I have a 3yr transferable one for my car there that I don't drive that much so I just moved that one over to the 08 and used it twice on it already after swapping shocks on it. Always buy an extended alignment thing is what I say, wherever it's from. 1 time ones aren't worth it, just make sure you get more than your money's worth, lol.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #11
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
They denied me because I had a lift. I tried to go to another Firestone and they also denied me because I was already in the computer. Haters!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
They denied me because I had a lift. I tried to go to another Firestone and they also denied me because I was already in the computer. Haters!
NTB
Old 07-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #13
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
huh
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I have it at Firestone too. Paid for itself already but you've got to find a good shop to go to. In one case I had to take my truck in two or three times for them to get it right. Other times at different locations they did a better job. I think if you get at least two good alignments out of it then it's paid for itself.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
I'll eat all your food.

My truck is super low..well not super low but it's pretty low right now..and it's going lower soon.

Do firestone have pits or racks?
Once I go 2" in the front and 2" out back..it probably wont even make it onto the rack...
Old 07-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
huh
National Tire & Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
My truck is super low..well not super low but it's pretty low right now..and it's going lower soon.

Do firestone have pits or racks?
Once I go 2" in the front and 2" out back..it probably wont even make it onto the rack...
NTB=Racks
Old 07-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #17
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
I love my FIRESTONE Alignment. I go only to two different Firestone with only the same two techs when they're there.

They do amazing work and spend more time on it for me to get it right. I end up tipping them $5 or buying them lunch. That gives them more effort on getting it right.

They've never denied me and I'm lifted on Spindles with 33 Generals. I'm not huge but I do make an impression when I come in. So I don't see how some of you guys are getting denied. That sucks. . . .

I paid $140 cash even for my Firestone life time alignment and I've used it 8 times. I knocked it out twice off-roading and used it 3 times switching out different tires. 2 times for changing up the suspension. Once for the new spindles added. I got my money worth!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #18
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
i have the same plan at the goodyear place by my house in Las Vegas. been in there like 4 times in the past two months and they havent asked any questions. already paid for itself. so goodyear is also an option if available

how much did you pay for the lifetime alignment at goodyear?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Justin, before you go paying big bucks for the lifetime alignment, which is totally worth it...make sure your truck can get on their lift.

Make them drive it up there BEFORE you pay for the lifetime alignment.

My truck is no longer capable of making it on their alignment rack, making my lifetime alignment useless unless I lift my truck back up.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #20
I'll eat all your food.

Good idea..

Stupid ***** these days don't wanna get pits