1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firestone Lifetime Alignment

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by UndefinedTaco, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Jul 26, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    UndefinedTaco

UndefinedTaco [OP] I'll eat all your food.

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    It's an 89 Toyota Pickup. I got some stuff done to it.. FJ axles going under it soon.
    I read that it's every 6,000 miles or whenever needed..I have this problem with my truck getting knocked out ALOT..I've had 4 alignments in the past 2 years(little under 2 years).

1999 Toyota Tacoma 5 lug.

I've been working on tackling the problem to figure out what it is..so far I've done new balljoints, uppers and lowers; and I've done new tie rods.
    I think I need new bushings in control arms..and new shocks definitely.

I know a few members on here have it..like Ryanjboutin

Will they actually align it "when needed"? Because if mine is showing tire wear, I want that shit aligned..and I'm not going to buy it if they deny the service if I go in every..say 2 months..

Plus I drive a little under 5,000 miles every 2 months anyway...:eek:

Just curious..I'm going to go talk to my local one soon.

2. Jul 26, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I have used it four or five times in the last three months. I don't think they have a limit as to when you are able to use it. It has already paid for itself plus some.

3. Jul 26, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    UndefinedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    It's an 89 Toyota Pickup. I got some stuff done to it.. FJ axles going under it soon.
    Cool..I'm going to talk to my local one..and see what they say to confirm.

It'll be good because I plan on getting an alignment, and within another month..plan on going lower..

I saw it's like regularly $179? but sometimes goes on sale for $129?...I'm gonna look around

What did you pay Andrew?

4. Jul 26, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Think it's normally 169 or something but they gave it to me for 150. plus tax.

Either way, you'll be saving money getting the lifetime if you know you are going to tinker with it in the future. I've even taken it back the next day since it was pulling a bit to the right and they fixed it up. I just changed my suspension around the other day and it was perfectly aligned when I got it back.

5. Jul 26, 2011 at 9:47 PM
    UndefinedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    Nice, I'm gonna pull the plug on it soon.

Just need new tires now...:rolleyes:

6. Jul 26, 2011 at 10:00 PM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    Ya ive been thinking about this. Whats the max tire size they will work on? Does anyone know? tia

7. Jul 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM
    damnitzryan

damnitzryan Adamantium Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    02 3.4L PreRunner SR5
    I used to work at Firestone. Yes, you can align it as much as you want. In fact, the more you bring it in, the more money the technicians will make, even if you never buy anything from them again.

Although the tire size is important, I don't think any Firestone will decline service just because you have larger tires. The equipment that they use for the alignment machine mounts onto the rim. With that said, if your tire is big enough and has a large/tough enough bead on it, they might not have the correct adaptors in order to mount the equipment onto the rim.

I would still take it in and see what they say if you're worried about tire size being a factor. Worst case scenario: they can't do the alignment and you leave with no charge.

8. Jul 29, 2011 at 4:33 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    When I installed the lift on my truck I got it done 3 times in a week...No issues.

9. Jul 29, 2011 at 4:39 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I went with NTB 1 yr first time with the 05 and got 5 alignments out of them after different modding and then a do over once when they had the steering wheel off a bit. I have a 3yr transferable one for my car there that I don't drive that much so I just moved that one over to the 08 and used it twice on it already after swapping shocks on it. Always buy an extended alignment thing is what I say, wherever it's from. 1 time ones aren't worth it, just make sure you get more than your money's worth, lol.

10. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:42 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    They denied me because I had a lift. I tried to go to another Firestone and they also denied me because I was already in the computer. Haters!

11. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    NTB

12. Jul 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
  13. Jul 29, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I have it at Firestone too. Paid for itself already but you've got to find a good shop to go to. In one case I had to take my truck in two or three times for them to get it right. Other times at different locations they did a better job. I think if you get at least two good alignments out of it then it's paid for itself.

14. Jul 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    UndefinedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    My truck is super low..well not super low but it's pretty low right now..and it's going lower soon.

Do firestone have pits or racks?
    Once I go 2" in the front and 2" out back..it probably wont even make it onto the rack... :(

15. Jul 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    National Tire & Battery

NTB=Racks

16. Jul 29, 2011 at 11:10 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    I love my FIRESTONE Alignment. I go only to two different Firestone with only the same two techs when they're there.

They do amazing work and spend more time on it for me to get it right. I end up tipping them $5 or buying them lunch. That gives them more effort on getting it right.

They've never denied me and I'm lifted on Spindles with 33 Generals. I'm not huge but I do make an impression when I come in. So I don't see how some of you guys are getting denied. That sucks. . . .

I paid $140 cash even for my Firestone life time alignment and I've used it 8 times. I knocked it out twice off-roading and used it 3 times switching out different tires. 2 times for changing up the suspension. Once for the new spindles added. I got my money worth!

17. Jul 29, 2011 at 11:22 PM
    DonnoD

DonnoD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    don
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 dc 4x4 v6

how much did you pay for the lifetime alignment at goodyear?

18. Jul 30, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    UndefinedTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    Good idea..

Stupid ***** these days don't wanna get pits :mad:

19. Aug 1, 2011 at 4:07 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    brah use wood. can. bwahahaha. or just be lifted like me :D

20. Nov 8, 2011 at 1:32 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    fuck firestone they told me i couldn't get alignment no matter what because my truck is modified.

stupid ass bitches made me wait like half an hour too for help only for them to tell me no. wtf.

Products Discussed in

To Top