Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

4 Runner front bumper

Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
4 Runner front bumper

Seen some of these 1st gens with 4 Runner front bumpers, looks SICK!! just wondering if anyone has done this with a 2nd gen but with the same bumper as this one (attached).
Attached Thumbnails
4 Runner front bumper-pict00822.jpeg  
Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
So put a 3rd gen 4runner bumper (I think thats 3rd gen) thats the same as a 1st gen tacoma (body style), on a 2nd gen tacoma.

I would think it wouldn't be wide enough

Would be interesting to see, or a 4th gen 4runner front on a 2nd gen.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Very interesting... Looks pretty cool.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
someone please photochop it thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #10
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
it might work actually...problem is he position on how it would sit flush
Old 08-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
it might work actually...problem is he position on how it would sit flush
this is one of my main concerns too. going to be looking around for anyone that has one up for grabs to see about measurements and fitment. till then ... dreamin
Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno man.

I'm pretty sure you have to fab up tabs for the different mount points.

Can't be just a direct bolt on.

Looks too bulky to be on a mini, in my opinion.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
look about the same length to me, but no way of finding out for sure right now
Well, you keep showing pics of different style 4Runner front bumpers. lol

I like the rectangular fog lights, but I like the bumper shape that comes with the round fog lights.

I know that if you want that generations hood and lights, then you need to chop and weld in their radiator core support and fab up a bunch of mounting tabs.
Stands to reason that a similar process would need to be done for the bumper and bumper cover. But you never know unless you make an attempt.

The same was true on my '93. Had to have a whole new rad support and tabs made to fit the 4Runner front.

They share a lot of parts, but they are different vehicles.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Well, you keep showing pics of different style 4Runner front bumpers. lol

I like the rectangular fog lights, but I like the bumper shape that comes with the round fog lights.

I know that if you want that generations hood and lights, then you need to chop and weld in their radiator core support and fab up a bunch of mounting tabs.
Stands to reason that a similar process would need to be done for the bumper and bumper cover. But you never know unless you make an attempt.

The same was true on my '93. Had to have a whole new rad support and tabs made to fit the 4Runner front.

They share a lot of parts, but they are different vehicles.
lol, I know right. the power of Google is scary.

that seems about right though. I hate when car companies make is SOOO damn close to another model that IT IS so close yet SO different ... hope that makes sense. I mainly like the form of it, plus the rec lights. HAve to find me a yard with some newer model toyo parts. All the ones around where I'm at all have older model vehicle's (I was literally in parts heaven when I had my old 93 Blazer).
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #16
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
subbed! this could be pretty cool
Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #17
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
Seen some of these 1st gens with 4 Runner front bumpers, looks SICK!! just wondering if anyone has done this with a 2nd gen but with the same bumper as this one (attached).
that looks sweet!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
ive been looking into this. and the first link TacoRidah posted looks to be a closer fit than the second link.

the first link has flat lines where the fender flares meet the flares on the bumper, whereas the second link has more rounded corners where the two meet. also the groove that runs below the grille on the 4runner in the first link is a little bit shallower and looks as it would fit a 2nd gen tacoma grille better.

i believe a 2003 4runner front bumper would be ideal if you were gonna try and swap the two. i am still looking for someone that will let me crawl around under their 4 runner and possibly remove their bumper to see if it fits. ill keep you guys posted.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
ive been looking into this. and the first link TacoRidah posted looks to be a closer fit than the second link.

the first link has flat lines where the fender flares meet the flares on the bumper, whereas the second link has more rounded corners where the two meet. also the groove that runs below the grille on the 4runner in the first link is a little bit shallower and looks as it would fit a 2nd gen tacoma grille better.

i believe a 2003 4runner front bumper would be ideal if you were gonna try and swap the two. i am still looking for someone that will let me crawl around under their 4 runner and possibly remove their bumper to see if it fits. ill keep you guys posted.
NICE! I think my uncle has a 4 runner, not sure what year, haven't paid much attention to it. Hopefully it's within the 2003 and up, if so I'm definitely going under that bitch to snap some shots (won't ever let me take it off tough ).