Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

My 98 turbo tacoma x)

Old 08-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
Boosted93v is on a distinguished road
Boosted93v's Tacoma Gallery
My 98 turbo tacoma x)

Hey guys just wanted to show my tacoma off... I bought it built for a dd(lol) since my mustang is going to go under the knife for a new swap.. Ive really enjoyed the truck its been built right and is a blast.. Only thing i really dont like is the welded rear end(no traction now i cant imagen it not being welded) And the racing seats (they will go asap) It dynoed at around 270hp on 11psi soo the goal is 300 hp on 14 psi

And here is some pics of my mustang..

Old 08-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
What brand is the turbo?

Very nice truck btw.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
What brand is the turbo?

Very nice truck btw.

Its an ebay 50 trim and is holding up great so far
Old 08-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
whiptastic handling
FoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud ofFoundOffRoadDead has much to be proud of

Army: E-3
Name: Shamus
FoundOffRoadDead's Tacoma Gallery
Does it have a blow off valve??? " love thos things!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundOffRoadDead View Post
Does it have a blow off valve??? " love thos things!
yeah but its load and annoying lol Along with the welded rear end... im thinkin i want to do a lsd or maybe the ford 8.8 swap...
Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
They both look great!

Where did you get your rear bumper filler on the Tacoma at?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
They both look great!

Where did you get your rear bumper filler on the Tacoma at?
Thanks man!! My buddy that built the truck put it on there..but ill ask him for you
Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted93v View Post
Thanks man!! My buddy that built the truck put it on there..but ill ask him for you
Ok, I appreciate that. I've looked around online and haven't been able to find one, I know they are intended for lowered trucks but I wantz it!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Ok, I appreciate that. I've looked around online and haven't been able to find one, I know they are intended for lowered trucks but I wantz it!

Did you forget you have a 4x4? It's called a rollpan.
Allow me to help with your searching:
http://www.google.com/search?q=tacom...w=1680&bih=881

OP, which motor do you have?
Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

Did you forget you have a 4x4? It's called a rollpan.
Allow me to help with your searching:
http://www.google.com/search?q=tacom...w=1680&bih=881

OP, which motor do you have?
Thanks Malcom
Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I sometimes miss my turbo until I hear the rumble of the V8 now..23 psi was fun!!

I can actually build you a custom forward facing intake if you want one, I have built over 25 of them for these motors.

But its amazing what these motors can handle, I ran 18 psi with just head studs and a MLS head gasket. However a good tune and a standalone is a must for high boost.

Nice truck!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Nice, I sometimes miss my turbo until I hear the rumble of the V8 now..23 psi was fun!!

I can actually build you a custom forward facing intake if you want one, I have built over 25 of them for these motors.

But its amazing what these motors can handle, I ran 18 psi with just head studs and a MLS head gasket. However a good tune and a standalone is a must for high boost.

Nice truck!
Any pics of the intake?? And yeah im very impressed with these motors/toyotas in general(its my first one) If i ever open it up to put in the headgasket and studs i will raise the boost annnd i agree i love my v8 also lol glad i have both
Old 08-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
heres a pic of the motor.. im gettin it retuned on sunday on 14 psi.. hopeing to be around 300 whp

Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
Just a small update the tacoma now sports a w58 trani from a supra..
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
love it.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #16
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
awesome man
Old 10-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #17
Thanks guys! Its a really fun truck hopeully i can run it at the track soon.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
bbc4542003 is on a distinguished road
bbc4542003's Tacoma Gallery
how much does a turbo set up like that cost,
and how hard is it to install?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc4542003 View Post
how much does a turbo set up like that cost,
and how hard is it to install?
Not sure on price as the kit was peacied together.. but ive seen them online for around $1500.. believe it or not the turbo is an ebay 50 trim along with an ebay intercooler.. The truck is VERY solid on 14pis and goes side ways(welded rear) at full boost in 2nd ha! My biggest issues right now is traction.. but over all its a VERY fun truck, i couldnt imagen having any other setup on a tacoma and it being this fun..
Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #20
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Are you on svtperformance by chance?