1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by 07TacoRidah, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Sep 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    did you find out about how much space you have? I was looking at my cousins 20s and he has 8.5 up front and 9.5 for the rear, I'm trying to get 9.5 all around (wondering if I would need to trim the fenders any) w/225-35's. trying to get that stretched look but not SOOOO stretched where I'm basically on the sidewall.

2. Sep 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
  3. Sep 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    wtf just for 8"??? :eek::mad: grrr ... this may be harder than I thought. never liked fender flares, wish Toyota kept on with the 4x4 fenders on the 4x4s. imo just looks nicer (like how they have the 1st gens, wide rim, just slap the 4x4 fenders on it and your good lol).

4. Sep 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SSCCOOOOOOOORRREEEE, well not yet at least. Found some new bags for the back leveling system. Just have to see if the seller will replay back so I can PICK THESE UP!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

5. Sep 5, 2012 at 5:52 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    going to have to measure today after I pick up the bags.

6. Sep 5, 2012 at 7:38 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    not quite sure how low I am now but I know I can only get 3 fingers in between the top of the tire and lip of the fender (front is four fingers). I will be measuring it today and taking more shots. A homie of mine found some UAS strut bags, sucks I don't have the funds right now to purchase them. All and all though I am going to be making the air set-up as simple as possible with what I have.

7. Sep 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    went out to measure (started to drizzling some), the front is @ 28 3/8 (the front wheel was turned, will measure again with the wheel straight, but have to wait a while) and the back is @ 27 7/8 or so.

8. Sep 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    WOOOHOOO!!! got my leveling bags :D now I have to set some time aside to get the system plumbed up and ready to install.

9. Sep 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bought these ones, I think they are 7012's. Tried looking up the part number... pretty much closest to a 7012 sleeve bag, still it fits perfectly and I'm happy. Just need to get my happy ass some time to install it and then I can roll like normal !!!! :D

5G15E55F53n23Ja3Ndc948a7b0e773ee5138a.jpg

10. Sep 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    almost complete with my system, didn't know think the bottom bolts to the bags were different from the other ones (weird how most bags are 3/8" bolts, this one is ... I guess almost equal to a 1/4" npt. didn't have a bolt to mock it up).

11. Sep 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

my custom leveling air management system :D simple compressor (w/relay), water trap, air valve and fittings. I will be using a momentary switch for when I need the compressor to fill the bags and for when I need to let out air. nothing more (will be ordering in an exhaust muffler for the valve soon). When I have more funds and all the front bag parts to install them, will be switching the configuration to where I have a tank, more valves and etc. BUT keeping to the simple lift/drop when parked or just when I need to.

12. Sep 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    since I haven't the funds for the rest of the leveling system yet, I opt'd to put in some 1/4" line that I had from WAYYYY back lol when I started bagging. and just bought some compression fittings from the local hardware store that fit the bags and air line. Found an old Air shock kit schrader valve tee fitting, cut those little smooth ends that stick out off and used 1/4" comp nuts/sleeves. Worked out better than I thought lol. Have to wait to install though. Getting things ready for the homies wedding :D

13. Sep 16, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    have to swap out a bag tomorrow and then hit up the dealership for a recall
    thing .... ... all and all though, install was great, hoping to get the tank, compressors and valves wires up soon so that all I have to worry about it the front. Been debating on getting either 19's or 20's but for now since my tires have plenty of meat on them, I'm just browsing.

dfafasfaszf.jpg
    gerzghzdrhzdr.jpg
    hdehzdeh.jpg
    hjthjtfhjrtf.jpg

14. Sep 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    yes those are home depot plastic PTC fittings, BUT keep in mind that they have a burst pressure of about 400 psi before failing, and I ONLY need about 70/80psi to get the ass up.

Ref. for those who do not know about air - STANDARD psi to lift the nose is about 120 or so psi MINIMUM (your lifting the engine mainly). for the back it's around 70/80 psi at most due to it not being as heavy as the front (unless you have an engine or weight equivalent then your going to need the 120)

15. Sep 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I hid the fill valve by the plate, will be using this also when I get in the air management so that I have that "extra" bit of security when I roll around town or something. rather have it than be grounded waiting for a tow truck :(

Photo1225.jpg
    Photo1227.jpg

16. Sep 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    sry, the first two are of the bag I needed to swap out, as you can see that it was compressed all the way BUT due to the lower mounting plate in the bag it wasn't able to compress any lower so in turn it held up the rear right corner enough to cause the truck to "slouch". So I swapped it out with a 7076 sleeve bag, it's a little bit lifted (you can only really tell if you try to get your fingers in the well) but it's fine for me. The other two are of the 7012 sleeve bag that is toward the cab more which is fine since the lower bag plate helps compensate for the loss of height from the block and axle.

17. Sep 26, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    want these

CIMG1030.jpg

18. Sep 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    got a new ported box for the truck today, looks pretty cool, not sure if it works well though haven't had time to swap out the old box for the new one.would like to get in a 1" mdf board though so that I have something to keep it from falling/bobbling around in the back. Soon though ... SOOOOONNNN lol.

19. Sep 26, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    going to have to get in some new brackets for the box, for now it seems like it's going to be there fine, but would like to make it "solid" so that I don't have to worry much like how I was with my old box. Sounds good though, I get HELLA more bass out of this box than I did with my sealed one, so I'm happy now :D

20. Sep 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    HELL YEAH!!! Don't get me wrong though sealed has it's perks but I'm ore of a vented box type. I BARELY had it to like about 20 on the H.U. and the garage door (the front) was rattling, went inside the house for a bit and I could feel the bass in the windows a little. Had to cut it though, my cousin made me turn it off .... didn't want her baby popping out with the cooked eyes. :p

Products Discussed in

To Top