LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...

Old 10-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #21
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
from the pics it looks like the thread on the new bolt is too coarse...

like a 1.00 pitch instead of 1.25 pitch
x2! it's that slight difference that is pissing me off. I can't do much now since it also started raining ... I'm going to try and find a Napa close to me to see if they can help/have the longer bolt I need.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #23
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

After having new light shined upon me I am going to try to hit up this one Napa store I found. Hopefully I get the right bolt!!!!

Big ups to Yoytoda for the EXTREMELY helpful info
Old 10-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #24
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
had a little time during lunch, so I went down to OSH and Home Depot for some supplies - got the hex nuts and washers (decided to go with 5/8" washers instead since it still covers the 3/4" area of the hex nut and it won't jiggle around or what not).

Video (it's sideways due to the phone, plus I am holding it with my left and doing everything else with my right ... also I apologize for my breathing ... ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nb-g...ature=youtu.be
you didnt show putting on the spacer? and you didnt show breaking the bolt. How hard was to break the bolt? what year is your truck again
Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
you didnt show putting on the spacer? and you didnt show breaking the bolt. How hard was to break the bolt? what year is your truck again
I haven't gotten the correct bolt yet, not hard at all - just remember that left is to loosen and right is to tighten

<----- or check my sig ...
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #26
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
After having new light shined upon me I am going to try to hit up this one Napa store I found. Hopefully I get the right bolt!!!!

Big ups to Yoytoda for the EXTREMELY helpful info
try look for a shop specializing in nuts and bolts. that's where i had to go to get my bolts for my new seats, since it was such an off size. figure if they have one down here there is bound to be a few where your at.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #27
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
go to a Fastenal store or their website. they have everything you could possibly imagine as far as fasteners and hardware. and if they dont they can find it or order it.

also i have a question. do you have dimensions for the spacers themselves? like outside diameter and the the diameter of the hole in the center? i am trying to get a set machined and i was hoping you could help me out since you already have a set. thanks.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
try look for a shop specializing in nuts and bolts. that's where i had to go to get my bolts for my new seats, since it was such an off size. figure if they have one down here there is bound to be a few where your at.
going to have to do this, I hate that there's always that "off" threaded bolt from the dealership. But makes sense since dealerships are always doing "off" shit all the damn time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
go to a Fastenal store or their website. they have everything you could possibly imagine as far as fasteners and hardware. and if they dont they can find it or order it.

also i have a question. do you have dimensions for the spacers themselves? like outside diameter and the the diameter of the hole in the center? i am trying to get a set machined and i was hoping you could help me out since you already have a set. thanks.
NICE!!! I am hoping to get the right bolt, had some insight from Yoytoda about how to find the bolt, just need to get some time to hit up the Napa store (hopefully if they don't have it I can at least get an exact size/type of bolt that is being used).

I know that the I.D. of the spacer should be equal to a 5/8" or M16 bolt. The 3/4" I.D. hex nuts that I bought jiggle a little bit on the OE spindle bolt BUT not as much. O.D. ... not sure but the package for the 3/4" hex nut says 3/4" - 16 on them.
Attached Thumbnails
My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0283.jpg  
Old 10-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #29
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man. I checked the Fastenal website and they have all kinds of stuff, even grade 8 steel round bar stock to machine these spacers out of. Luckily there is a Fastenal store right near my work so when i get time i am gonna take one of my stock spindle bolts in there and see what i can come up with. if i get anything good i will let ya know and see if i can pick some stuff up.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #30
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
going to have to do this, I hate that there's always that "off" threaded bolt from the dealership. But makes sense since dealerships are always doing "off" shit all the damn time.

NICE!!! I am hoping to get the right bolt, had some insight from Yoytoda about how to find the bolt, just need to get some time to hit up the Napa store (hopefully if they don't have it I can at least get an exact size/type of bolt that is being used).

I know that the I.D. of the spacer should be equal to a 5/8" or M16 bolt. The 3/4" I.D. hex nuts that I bought jiggle a little bit on the OE spindle bolt BUT not as much. O.D. ... not sure but the package for the 3/4" hex nut says 3/4" - 16 on them.
via pm we discussed metric thread pitches.

american/ SAE use a different method to determine the threads. threads on SAE are how many threads per inch of bolt or nut. so 5/8"-16 is a 5/8" nut with 16 threads per inch

the 16 has nothing to do with it being similar size to a 16mm bolt

5/8" = 15.875mm
Old 10-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Thanks man. I checked the Fastenal website and they have all kinds of stuff, even grade 8 steel round bar stock to machine these spacers out of. Luckily there is a Fastenal store right near my work so when i get time i am gonna take one of my stock spindle bolts in there and see what i can come up with. if i get anything good i will let ya know and see if i can pick some stuff up.
found one that is close to me as well. going to go down there today and take the bolt to them to see if they have one that is 1" longer.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #32

well today was a bust ... the guy at the Fastenal place wasn't very helpful at all! only got the type of bolt, which he said it was a 5/8" flange bolt (he pretty much did the same thing I did when I went to OSH but I guess he knew what kind of bolt it was). not sure about the rest because just wasn't much of any help PERIOD ... sorry just got back and a little irritated.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #33

not sure if this helps any but looks like this is a good start imo.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/p...3Zjuevxs&Nty=0

*Update - good news, so I was sifting through the pages of the link. there's only two types, Fine and Corse. Looks like the bolt is a 5/8" Flange Fine threaded bolt. Now all that maybe left is to get the right length, order, and install!!!! GETTING CLOSE !!!!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #35

MORE UPDATES!!!!!! lol yeah I know, so as I am lurking around more and more in the Fastenal site, I find this!!!

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...1115660&ucst=t
notice it has the same WT 10.9 on it as the bolts in this picture to a spacer kit (keep in mind that the one in the Fastenal link is NOT Fine, it is Corse sadly).

Old 10-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #37
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I know where you can get that spacer kit from, if that's what you are looking for lol.

Sorry I just scanned this thread, so I don't know if that is what you are asking :P
Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
I know where you can get that spacer kit from, if that's what you are looking for lol.

Sorry I just scanned this thread, so I don't know if that is what you are asking :P
mainly trying to get the bolt now. found the hex nut and washers easily ... the bolt ... proving to be very difficult
Old 10-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #39

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
mainly trying to get the bolt now. found the hex nut and washers easily ... the bolt ... proving to be very difficult
and thats just how Toyota likes to make everything difficult. haha

Products Discussed in this Thread