1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by 07TacoRidah, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Sep 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    hirod

hirod Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab short bed OR
    Yeah. I know 600 is tight especially with hawaii shipping. Been looking and the kings I believe look pretty good cause it looks like the bottom can be changed. Looks like there's different lengths for that section. Really don't know about the remote reservoir and if I can get a stiffer spring. I'm assuming that the spring they would originally sell for a prerunner would be softer and allow a lot more travel than I'd want. Going to try get in touch with downsouth motorsports. I hear they're the go to guys.

2. Sep 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    for some reason my brain keeps turning about how to make some coilovers lol.

[​IMG]

think of the 6 lug springs on a 5 lug via coilover :O

3. Sep 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    hirod

hirod Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab short bed OR
    What are you trying to do? Stick pre runner springs on 5 lug shocks? Or the whole shock/spring? Top plate is supposed to be different as well as overall length. Coils might be touching too. Are you looking to cut? If so, there's two different springs. The linear sport/base pre runner and the progressive offroad. Was considering going with the xrunner bilstein and XII stock height springs with a custom top spacer to fill the extra space and serve as an adapter for the different hat dimensions. To go the other way maybe not so easy. Stopped that cause I wanted to see what the finished XII perf coil overs look like.

Lemme know if you need pics or dimensions. Got a set of TRD offroad shock/springs sitting in my garage.

4. Dec 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    Lol. I got curious when i saw the nissan titan front billies.the lower spring perch sits closer to the lower mounting eye than on the tacoma. Figured it might work, given that i get a coil over kit that can will fit the billies (saw uni coil over kits on a site for billies). Cut the v6 springs in half, and use rubber isolators for the cut end.

5. Dec 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    got these a while ago cause of my busted OEM rear shocks. Seller said max ext. 16 and comp. is about 11. I forget but it's MORE than enough for me as well as 10x's better ride in the back than my OEM shocks.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/trailmaster_shocks/1104000018_1646.aspx

[​IMG]

Now by the looks of it, it will fit right? NO. sorry but the rubber bushings that these shocks come with, you will need to either 1)mod or 2)toss. Reason is that they are VERY thick, so putting them in the shock bracket on the leaf plate is just a no go. When I was swapping out my old OE shocks, I ended up busting one of them trying to take it out BUT you CAN do it. Just need to have a bench vise, and some sockets to help push out the bushing from your OE shocks (I did this to the other side, worked AMAZINGLY .. the other side where I busted the bushing ... yeah ... had to mod the bushing that came with the new shocks, had to "trim" rubber off enough so that it would fit into the shock bracket on the leaf plate). As far as the top washers, you will NOT need two of them. The top of the shock won't grab the bolt.

00V0V_7J2CbtBxlEQ_600x450.jpg

6. Dec 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I have to remember where I put the OE washers that were for the OE shocks but I will post up a shot of the ones that I had to take out in order for the top of the shocks to bolt up tightly.

7. Dec 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    anyone know where to get the metal top hats for coilovers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if I can find that, might be able to get a coilover for the front going.

8. Jan 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
  9. Jan 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Having starting problems again.

Symptoms:
    Upon turning the key to the ignition position, truck at most "clicks".
    Once in a while there is this odd low buzz noise.
    Often times engine sounds like it is struggling to turn over.
    50/50 start, sometimes it just turns on, other times it takes me a while.

Video link to when it just "clicks" on me. Somehow i feel as if it's a certain way I turn the key... idk. Just need to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0l8cEB0tQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

10. Feb 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Doing a little shopping.

Electrical fixed, getting dust boots ordered. havin a peep at some grease and zerk fitttings. Things is small... used to Chevy parts

20140218_112826.jpg

11. Feb 18, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Brendo Ballz808 Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Check out my build:)

Slammed bu slammed

12. Feb 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    It will be once i get 40's on the rear. Lol, might swap to 20's to kill off some of that wheel gap. Not happy about the loss of drop that will come with it.

13. Feb 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Started searching for coilover shocks. Oem ones are too long, as of now at the drop i have, the travel is EXTREMELY limited. Also the lower spring perch is way too high. So found these (attached). They are for a nissan frontier front. The lower spring perch looks very promising for a coilover kit. Now to find the right spring rate and coilover parts.

Anyone remember/know what the XII springs are rated at? I found a spot that sells springs, but by spring rate.

m2m0_GbtUoFdAptu1yjJCMw.jpg

14. Feb 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    First image is frontier 2005 - 13 OEM shocks (2004 and below do not have a strut app, but could probably used for tge rear). A lot of travel imo. Which is funny because when bagging trucks, the shock of choice is the nissan d20(i cant remember) shock due to its shortness, travel and cost.

Second image is shits and giggles. Imo would be cool to have a dropped front with these.

Third are shocks from OME. Not sure of the details on travel, length etc. But you get where i am going with this lol

$_3.jpg
    oem_nissan_titan_kits-front.jpg
    m2m0_GbtUoFdAptu1yjJCMw.jpg

15. Feb 24, 2014 at 12:53 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Qa1 coilover springs @ 550lb. rate

16. Feb 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
  17. Feb 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
  18. Mar 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Well, the original plan was JUST to get a 2/3 drop... now its all about killin my bumpstops!!!!!!

19. Mar 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    friend of mine talked me into getting an 80cc motor ...

seen this kind of bike on the display
    [​IMG]

20. Mar 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Downtime again. Took some shots (had to buy new front tires).

20140316_143539.jpg
    20140316_143519.jpg
    20140316_143435.jpg
    20140316_143418.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top