Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #41
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
not liking the bottoming out from a trip I made with some stuff of my friends when he had to move recently. trying to figure out how to put in a load leveling system right now.

this is from an old setup I had, going to be using some components from this kit and maybe one or both of the 450's, valves and such I have left over from a make shift kit I put together for someone (f@wKer backed out last minute ).
Old 11-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #43
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amount of sag I was getting when I helped a friend move (arm chair, 2 15lb dumb bells, I think a 30 lb. curling dealie and misc items). The bump stop was literally about a pinky away from the axle.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #44
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
amount of sag I was getting when I helped a friend move (arm chair, 2 15lb dumb bells, I think a 30 lb. curling dealie and misc items). The bump stop was literally about a pinky away from the axle.

do you have lo-pro bumpstops or the stock ones? that is about how high my back end sits and i have lo-pro bumps and i have like 2 inches of clearance.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
do you have lo-pro bumpstops or the stock ones? that is about how high my back end sits and i have lo-pro bumps and i have like 2 inches of clearance.
I have the stock bump stops. I will be taking those out when I get the 2" angled blocks. By then I should also have the lo pro bump stops and everything else I need to get the install finished.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #46

so I buckled down and just went and bought the spacer kit Weazleburger was selling. 1" spacer with 1/8" washers (put those on the bottom where the bolt head is). Dropped the front 1" exactly (was @ 30 7/8, now @ 29 7/8). VERY easy to install (took me about 15 min.);

- loosen rim bolts
- take off rim
- with a 19mm socket - unbolt both spindle bolts (IT WILL NOT FALL ON YOU DO NOT WORRY) *NOTE: When I did the install, I DID NOT have to take off anything else, the rest is a matter of angling the spindle to the bolts.
- place one spacer in between spindle and arm, slide bolt into place. Keep a hold onto the bolt and angle the spindle to where the bolt fits back into place *NOTE: DO NOT tighten yet, only enough to where it will NOT fall out.
*NOTE: Spindle surprisingly moves VERY easily up/down as well as keeping a steady "enough" position for replacing the bolts.
- continue with the other side, then tighten bolt along with the last bolt on the other side of spindle.
- reinstall rim
- lower side

BOOM YOUR DONE!!!!!

- Info I gathered before install:

bolts are - 4.5" long for the passenger side, and 4 1/8" long for the driver side.

washers are - 1/8" thick, so to obtain a 1/4" more I would have to place in another set of 4 washers (also the washers imo, were a bit too large, could be a 3/4" BUT from what I have seen, the OD of a washer is about the same, the ones I have been looking at, it's just the ID of the washer that changes so i'm going to swap out the washers I have now for 5/8" washers which will fit nice and snug, no jiggling around).
Old 11-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #47

pictures will come in soon, it's not much of a noticeable drop though imo. for me I still see it as the same, should be noticeable when I put in the 1" blocks. When I was looking at it from the street, I payed more attention to the frame, looks straight, no angle on it.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #48
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the stock bump stops. I will be taking those out when I get the 2" angled blocks. By then I should also have the lo pro bump stops and everything else I need to get the install finished.
honestly low pro bumps + QA1s will help out a ton. I was going 100 mph + for an extended period of time with a moped in the back and didn't bottom out. (on a closed corse, of course )
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
honestly low pro bumps + QA1s will help out a ton. I was going 100 mph + for an extended period of time with a moped in the back and didn't bottom out. (on a closed corse, of course )
I WISH I could get the QA1's!!!!! for now I'm going to save up for the lo pro bumps and new bags. Was looking at the front bump stop, I have some of the reg. lo pro bumps you can get @ like Pep Boys, would those fit for the front? Not sure what size bolt/threading it is, haven't attempted to take them off yet.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #51

I took out the OE bump stops since it kept donking them here and there, replaced them with some lo pro bump stops I had laying around. I want to swap out the front bumps too, they look like they are hitting a lot (just don't feel it as much as I do the back).

will be posting more pictures soon, trying to upload them to the server, damn phone connection is a POS.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #53
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I took out the OE bump stops since it kept donking them here and there, replaced them with some lo pro bump stops I had laying around. I want to swap out the front bumps too, they look like they are hitting a lot (just don't feel it as much as I do the back).

will be posting more pictures soon, trying to upload them to the server, damn phone connection is a POS.
XR springs and struts up front will help. i think the bumpstop is pressed on up front, not sure if there's a replacement that would be any better. plus, you might bottom out the strut if you go with a lower profile bump. just my two cents.

(JUST DJM ALREADY)
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
XR springs and struts up front will help. i think the bumpstop is pressed on up front, not sure if there's a replacement that would be any better. plus, you might bottom out the strut if you go with a lower profile bump. just my two cents.

(JUST DJM ALREADY)
lol I know right? the cost has gone down some since I last saw it, have some air suspension parts laying around (enough to make a decent set-up), will be stopping @ 2.25 or so to 3.25/3.5'ish. from there it'll be planning out the air ride for this. Planned out my load leveling set-up (just need new bags and some copper tubing).
Old 11-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #57

front spacer kit - 1" front drop. not much camber (noticable) uca doesn't look too bad, but when I go one more 1", going to have to do the uca mod for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0376.jpg   My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0377.jpg   My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0378.jpg   My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0379.jpg  
Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #58

x4 leaf spring pack and 1" drop blocks. you can see how the OE bump stop is already starting to hit the axle (before I swapped them out for the lo pro bump stops). It rides pretty squishy in the back, but soon will be adding in new rear shocks to hopefully soften up the ride in the back more. front seems fine, nothing I can feel/notice/etc.
Attached Thumbnails
My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0380.jpg   My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0382.jpg   My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0384.jpg   My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0386.jpg   My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...-photo0388.jpg  

Old 11-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #60
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
front spacer kit - 1" front drop. not much camber (noticable) uca doesn't look too bad, but when I go one more 1", going to have to do the uca mod for sure.
what UCA mod?

Products Discussed in this Thread