Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

What tire/wheel setup do other boosted tacoma guys run on the street??

Old 10-24-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
Boosted93v is on a distinguished road
Boosted93v's Tacoma Gallery
What tire/wheel setup do other boosted tacoma guys run on the street??

Hey guys just wondering what kind of street setups you guys run your boosted tacomas on.. I run 18 inch wheels with 245/40 nitto gen tires(that are in great shape i might add) and all i seem to do is spin, its really annoying when trying to go from a dig. I know my truck could be alot quicker if it would actually hook.. My rear end is welded but i still spins spins spins.. Im almost thinkin of gong down wheel size with some more meet on them or maybe something wider?? Anyways im intrested in what everyone else runs soo post up!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
you welded the gears? motherfucker.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
you welded the gears? motherfucker.
LOL yes its not too bad and im DD my truck right now and have been for about a month..
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
285/75/16's

Old 10-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted93v View Post
Hey guys just wondering what kind of street setups you guys run your boosted tacomas on.. I run 18 inch wheels with 245/40 nitto gen tires(that are in great shape i might add) and all i seem to do is spin, its really annoying when trying to go from a dig. I know my truck could be alot quicker if it would actually hook.. My rear end is welded but i still spins spins spins.. Im almost thinkin of gong down wheel size with some more meet on them or maybe something wider?? Anyways im intrested in what everyone else runs soo post up!

it erks me that the 1st gens have their back windows like that. hate that toyota did away with it.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:46 AM   #8
LOL soooo looks like im stuck with drag radials??? Im also wondering about the 4x4 leaf springs to lower it and doo away with the blocks (less wheel hop) anyone have any info on these 4x4 leaf springs??

I am also looking at a set of traction bars..
Old 10-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #9
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
LOL soooo looks like im stuck with drag radials??? Im also wondering about the 4x4 leaf springs to lower it and doo away with the blocks (less wheel hop) anyone have any info on these 4x4 leaf springs??

I am also looking at a set of traction bars..
stiffer shocks
Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
The reason your not getting any grip is a combination of tires, suspension and most of all....there is little weight over your back tires/axle.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:37 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
The reason your not getting any grip is a combination of tires, suspension and most of all....there is little weight over your back tires/axle.
Im thinkin.. 4x4 leaf springs,drag radials, and MAYBE traction bars if you guys think they are worth the money... The weight in the back is a diffrent story i mean it has its pros and cons just not sure which one would out weigh the other one
Old 10-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #12
Why do you want 4x4 leafs
Old 10-26-2011, 01:47 AM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
285/75/16's

WIN!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
oh and what width are your wheels? you prob can fit fatter tires on there

what kind of setup are you running out back? are those stock leafs with only the main and overload? are you experiencing any wheel hop?
I have 245's right now and i have stock leafs (all three) lowered on blocks and yeah i have bad wheel hop and traction problems lol
Old 10-27-2011, 02:40 AM   #17
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have 245's right now and i have stock leafs (all three) lowered on blocks and yeah i have bad wheel hop and traction problems lol
stock shocks too?

i'd recomened the 4x4 pack, people have had good results with them. you may want to take out one of the leafs and or flip the overload or whatever, depends on what kind of setup you want. the more drop you get with the leafs the better, the larger the block is the more leverage you have between the axle and the leafs which creates wheel hop and other negative handling characteristics.

traction bars would def. help, along with better rear shocks (what kind do you have now?)

also are your blocks angled as well? might want to get that too. and id run the fattest tire possible as well on your rim, but thats all up to you
Old 10-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
Mig98Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Miguel
Mig98Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Im not turbo but I noticed when i went from 245-40-18 on a 18x8 to a 255-40-18, the sidewall got bigger and so did the width of the tire(obviously), But if I drop the clutch it won't spin as much as I did with 245-40, they felt skinny and I could feel the bumps on the road unlike the 255, thats my info, again not turbo lol
Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
stock shocks too?

i'd recomened the 4x4 pack, people have had good results with them. you may want to take out one of the leafs and or flip the overload or whatever, depends on what kind of setup you want. the more drop you get with the leafs the better, the larger the block is the more leverage you have between the axle and the leafs which creates wheel hop and other negative handling characteristics.

traction bars would def. help, along with better rear shocks (what kind do you have now?)

also are your blocks angled as well? might want to get that too. and id run the fattest tire possible as well on your rim, but thats all up to you
NO i have aftermarket shocks.. The 4x4 pack is on my first to do list.. I want it to be low maybe a 3 inch drop soo what would you suggest i do with them??
Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #20
Got some new road slicks Now i just need to figure out the 4x4 leaf springs.. my truck is a 98 soo im guess in need 4x4 springs from 98-04?????