Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Goodbye leaf springs..

Old 11-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Goodbye leaf springs..

..hello coil overs.

Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye leaf springs..-11-22-007.jpg   Goodbye leaf springs..-11-22-002.jpg   Goodbye leaf springs..-11-22-003.jpg   Goodbye leaf springs..-11-22-005.jpg   Goodbye leaf springs..-11-22-006.jpg  

Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I have a chub.... Long arms next?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
Looks complicated......
It couldn't be simpler. Everything bolts into factory locations with the exception of 4 axle tabs, then later if you wanted you could bolt the leafs back on. I can install and remove it in the time it takes someone to go get beer.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's Beefy, it's pricey, and it's pretty badass if you ask me.
Nobody asked

AWESOME!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
..hello coil overs.

This is the Streetacos 95.5-04 five lug bolt on 4-link racing kit. It's Beefy, it's pricey, and it's pretty badass if you ask me.

Now up the aunty and make it for the 05+ Tacoma.This is soo crazy and handle like a dream.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qjake View Post
Nobody asked
haha, I thought of that when I posted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
Now up the aunty and make it for the 05+ Tacoma.This is soo crazy and handle like a dream.
I'd love to, but that takes someone with $ who can leave their truck for 2-3 weeks since there aren't any smashed 2nd gen's in the salvage yards near me that I could get a rear section of frame from. It comes down to people that actually have the $ to buy the parts so I can be the lucky one who gets to assemble it all and watch it leave and wish I had one.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
I have a chub.... Long arms next?
My friend used to make a off road kit that bolted to the 6 spots the bed bolted to, but you remove the stock bed and his piece bolted on. It was all one piece and had the hoop for the top of the long travel shocks, the sides to mount glass to, and the cross member for the upper links. The lower links went to the leaf hangers, same as this kit. The stock gas tank could even be used. Forums weren't big back then, and it never got the exposure it should have.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #11
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Wow looks amazing didnt see the lower links at first and was like now I see them and I'm like you do kickass work!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Wow looks nice!

But I prefer the old fashioned boingy boingy of the leaf rather than the BAM BAM BAM of the coils!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:54 AM   #13
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It couldn't be simpler. Everything bolts into factory locations with the exception of 4 axle tabs, then later if you wanted you could bolt the leafs back on. I can install and remove it in the time it takes someone to go get beer.
Sounds awesome man! Woulda love to see it in action when you finish the build. Maybe a go pro installed under the frame?
Old 11-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My friend used to make a off road kit that bolted to the 6 spots the bed bolted to, but you remove the stock bed and his piece bolted on. It was all one piece and had the hoop for the top of the long travel shocks, the sides to mount glass to, and the cross member for the upper links. The lower links went to the leaf hangers, same as this kit. The stock gas tank could even be used. Forums weren't big back then, and it never got the exposure it should have.
Thats a shame

So what exactly are these going for im curious. And is this a custom deal or is it going to be added to the line up?
Old 11-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #15
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
It's nice to see your hard work come to fruition Brian! Really glad this finally came together
Old 11-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #16
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Wow looks nice!

But I prefer the old fashioned boingy boingy of the leaf rather than the BAM BAM BAM of the coils!
Im sorry but that just sounds funny.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #18
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
looks good but what is it? does it provide a better smoother ride?
Old 11-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #19
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
dude a 4 link for the xrunners would be awesome
amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TacoDriver View Post
looks good but what is it? does it provide a better smoother ride?
ummm....go look up the advantages of a coil spring vs. leafs.

simply put, this truck is gonna turn really really really really hella fast now.