Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Lowering Kit F/ 07 prerunner

Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
HondaSI is on a distinguished road
HondaSI's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Lowering Kit F/ 07 prerunner

First of all, just want to say i love this site. I love the helpful information and the friendly fellow taco drivers.
I currently own an 07 tacoma DC trd sport but lately i've been looking into this lowering kit for my truck....http://tundraracing.com/prerunnerdropkit.htm
the only reason I'm not too sure about it is because I havent seen any reviews at all regarding the ride quality. Any type of input regarding this kist would be of great help. thnx guys.

P.S. please keep all the "why lower a prerunner" comments to yourself. thnx.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
HondaSI's Tacoma Gallery
thnx, i should be changing my username soon too, i used to drive a honda, but now I'm in my taco and i love it.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Welcome. Why lower a prerunner?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Welcome. Why lower a prerunner?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
HondaSI's Tacoma Gallery
well why lift a 4x2?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I'm just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSI View Post
well why lift a 4x2?
Well when wheeling more body to ground clearance is good for wheeling and it looks good even if you don't wheel. When you lower a prerunner you can only go as low as stock 5 lug height so to me that doesn't look good. If you could go lower I would say go for it.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
HondaSI's Tacoma Gallery
Well when wheeling more body to ground clearance is good for wheeling and it looks good even if you don't wheel. When you lower a prerunner you can only go as low as stock 5 lug height so to me that doesn't look good. If you could go lower I would say go for it.[/QUOTE]

you do make a good point, but i don't do any wheeling and i love my double cab, and i also love the look of lowered trucks...so i figured thats the best way to go for me.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Banned
That's fine. Just don't expect to get too low.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSI View Post

you do make a good point, but i don't do any wheeling and i love my double cab, and i also love the look of lowered trucks...so i figured thats the best way to go for me.
Sell the TRD, get a 5 lug, you will save a ton of money....
Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
HondaSI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Sell the TRD, get a 5 lug, you will save a ton of money....
wouldn't even consider it, but thnx for your input.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
shouldn't change the ride up too much. some dude with a blue truck just did it. sure he can chime in about the ride.

rear suspension travel isn't affected that much since its just a SOA to SUA swap. and the front still uses your stock springs and shocks.

i really don't believe this kit will help your handling at all though, but that's just my opinion. all its doing really is changing the geometry of your suspension from stock; just lowering the cog by a bit.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
HondaSI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
you are not going to get much drop from it. i guess it will be a bit more stanced, but it wont be "low"
I'm not really going for the slammed look, I would just like my truck to have that nice stance to it. thnx for the input so far guys.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'm just curious.

Well when wheeling more body to ground clearance is good for wheeling and it looks good even if you don't wheel. When you lower a prerunner you can only go as low as stock 5 lug height so to me that doesn't look good. If you could go lower I would say go for it.

actually there are ways to get to around my height. personally, though, I wouldn't recommend it. it has been done before, and it doesn't seem too hard, but it does involve combining kits and totally throws your suspension geometry out of whack.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sitting at 4/4.25 and honestly can't tell a difference from stock ride quality. I'd imagine it shouldn't change much, if at all.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
hemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kurt
hemitruk's Tacoma Gallery
HondaSI just did mine, tundra racing kit.Ride feels a little firmer but I like it.Running 265/70/17 on 2010 4 runner rims no problems.Been only couple days but I like it.Install was pretty easy.Just removing struts and adding new lower spring perch in front. In back rear spring relocated to under axle.Exhaust hanger welded on frame needs to be bent up an inch so tail pipe clears.Nice kit .Quality of kit looks very good.I say go for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Lowering Kit F/ 07 prerunner-sdc10318.jpg   Lowering Kit F/ 07 prerunner-sdc10319.jpg   Lowering Kit F/ 07 prerunner-sdc10322.jpg   Lowering Kit F/ 07 prerunner-sdc10325.jpg   Lowering Kit F/ 07 prerunner-sdc10326.jpg  

Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #18
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Sample truck on the site looks sharp.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #19
kkasaki is on a distinguished road
kkasaki's Tacoma Gallery
i like it, but price seem abit too hight
Old 05-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
dbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud of
dbratcher's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished installing the kit on my 07 and i love it. My 100lb dog with a bum leg can jump up in the back. Im short legged and i can step up and down easily when i load up my dirt bike. To me it makes my truck that much more functional. I thought it was a little pricey too but in the long run its not too bad. My ultra gauge made it up to almost 23mpg so it might help a little in that department too. I still might even go a little lower by going to a shorter tire, a 30.5 to a 28 is what im thinking. My only problem with my truck is the crappy rear springs are sacked and the back squats with anthing over a hundred lbs in it.