Notices

Custom Paint Job for 2nd Gen Street Taco

Old 03-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #181
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
How bad is the camber on your truck did you get em aligned with the drop on there now? I hope xii coils and djm wont be too bad as having spacers and djm
I don't know the exact camber but I will be getting an alignment once the truck is out of the shop and I will post up the results for you. It doesn't look too bad when you have good wheel fitment, but when I had my stock xrunner wheels, you can definitely tell their was a lot of camber. Since I have a staggered setup, I won't be able to rotate my tires but I have a honda accord I daily drive so I'm not too worried about it.

Not sure about the ride quality of Xii red springs/djm vs spacers/djm. I'm thinking of buying a used set of springs to compare.

I'm waiting for XII Performance to release adjustable coilovers for the fronts. They already have a setup and are going through tests before they put them out for sale. They said this will correct any camber problems, so I'm really excited to get a hold of these!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #182
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelsMyKuya View Post
I don't know the exact camber but I will be getting an alignment once the truck is out of the shop and I will post up the results for you. It doesn't look too bad when you have good wheel fitment, but when I had my stock xrunner wheels, you can definitely tell their was a lot of camber. Since I have a staggered setup, I won't be able to rotate my tires but I have a honda accord I daily drive so I'm not too worried about it.

Not sure about the ride quality of Xii red springs/djm vs spacers/djm. I'm thinking of buying a used set of springs to compare.

I'm waiting for XII Performance to release adjustable coilovers for the fronts. They already have a setup and are going through tests before they put them out for sale. They said this will correct any camber problems, so I'm really excited to get a hold of these!

Yeah I just picked up a staggered set hate the fact can't rotate but Yeeee
I'm kindah SOL cuz my truck came with the xii red coils installed and the guy didn't have the stocks so I ordered my djm and have no other choice but to run em I hope it can be aligned within -2 degrees anymore than that then I'm gonna have to figure something out

I figure the spacer would create more camber than the drop coil cuz of how it moves the control arms apart but we see

Dayum adjustable I like the sound of that however sounds like it will cost and arm and a leg prolly like $500 easy ....
Lucky u got a daily my truck is my daily travel 50 miles a day maybe later I'll sell my fronts and just run 20x10 all around
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #183
cse is on a distinguished road
cse's Tacoma Gallery
you did an amazing job dude. amazing!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #184
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I really wanted to see that gunmetal
Old 05-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #186
black09 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
black09's Tacoma Gallery
what did they do to make your tailgate open i shaved mine and its ghetto as hell but it opens id love to redo it and that rollpan is a bitch i have it toothey need to make it a 1 peace lol
Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #187
lowcoma is on a distinguished road
Name: luke
lowcoma's Tacoma Gallery
brandy wine color. Its a super deep dark red, burgundy color, or emerald green with some flake, or I'm all about the gun metal grey with some flake. I've done my last two cars that color and with brushed aluminum trim and wheel it looks so sik. the silver hides alot of dirt and scratches that r inevitable. Post pics of what u decide
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #188
Mrallank is on a distinguished road
Mrallank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Do it...tomorrow morning...do it.
At 8:47
Old 07-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #189
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sane here i want to adjust my ride just a little softer than it is now
Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #190
Old 09-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #191
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wtf are u serious or are u on a incline

I'm jelly I'm gonna go lower now hahah
Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #192
TheAngryGinger is on a distinguished road

Navy: ATI2
Name: Matt
TheAngryGinger's Tacoma Gallery
Really digging those shoes
Old 09-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #193
Quote:
Wtf are u serious or are u on a incline

I'm jelly I'm gonna go lower now hahah
Haha! Yea, the truck was sitting on the driveway when the picture was taken. The taco was stored at my dad's shop for the past few months because I've been lagging on the suspension and just finished up today. It looks like it dropped the rear about an inch or so and the body guy took care of the rubbing issues I had with the tire wall by rolling the fenders flat. Now after the front was done and lowered it back down, I noticed it raised significantly. I'll check it out tomorrow and see what might be the problem. I'm just so excited that there gonna start spraying the truck next week! The color will be Nissan's gun metallic.

Here is a side shot. I forgot to take pictures on a leveled surface but as you can see the front clearly raised at least an inch or two.

I also noticed I have positive camber after removing the front wheel spacers and 1.5'' drop spacers.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #194
Here's more shots from today. I think the springs need to settle in so I'll just worry about it until after paint. A lot of the front end parts were off so it should bring it down a tad bit more.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #195

Quote:
Here's more shots from today. I think the springs need to settle in so I'll just worry about it until after paint. A lot of the front end parts were off so it should bring it down a tad bit more.

Rajah looks sick man!!
Yeah let the coils settle after my djm settled my front came down pane my dead struts so I have a rake now but after I return home from my trip I'm planning to mod the front add spacers new struts fix the camber

What you running in the back now it's sick the tire to the fender I have more gap running smaller tires
Old 09-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #196
Mrallank is on a distinguished road
Mrallank's Tacoma Gallery
bad ass
Old 09-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #197
Quote:
Rajah looks sick man!!
Yeah let the coils settle after my djm settled my front came down pane my dead struts so I have a rake now but after I return home from my trip I'm planning to mod the front add spacers new struts fix the camber

What you running in the back now it's sick the tire to the fender I have more gap running smaller tires
The rear set up is XII 2'' steel leafsprings, 4'' beefed blocks, defined engineering leaf shackles (.5"), and QA1 shocks. The ride hasn't been driven more than a mile since the install so I'm hoping the rear will tuck more tire.

I was checking out your build thread and I gotta say that is one sick lookin taco you got! A pearl or matte white was my original choice on color but I already have 2 white cars. I think 19s would be the perfect size for a 6''/7'' drop or bagged laying on frame.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #198

Quote:
The rear set up is XII 2'' steel leafsprings, 4'' beefed blocks, defined engineering leaf shackles (.5"), and QA1 shocks. The ride hasn't been driven more than a mile since the install so I'm hoping the rear will tuck more tire.

I was checking out your build thread and I gotta say that is one sick lookin taco you got! A pearl or matte white was my original choice on color but I already have 2 white cars. I think 19s would be the perfect size for a 6''/7'' drop or bagged laying on frame.
Nice! How's the ride with the new springs similar or better or worse then the 6 luggers ? I'm looking into prolly taking my stock leafs to a shop and dearch them 3" and dump the 4x4 cuz they creek and I can't seem to figure it out

I wanna tuck tire too but I hate the fact that when I went smaller tires I gained another 1/2" gap so we will see how close I can get it for sure if I had 20s Id be easier to tuck

Ima try the raise the UCA when I get back home and add some new struts and 1/4" or 1/2" spindle spacer

Are you wacking the third member on the cross member under the bed? I wack it when I bottom on a hug bump or carrying a load
Old 09-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #199
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever pick a color?

metalic Burnt orange, like this classic only with less pearl
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Paint Job for 2nd Gen Street Taco-1954chevypickup.jpg  
Old 09-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #200
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

yep, im retarded. Get me a helmet and send me to school.

Looks good! deffinately not a color you normaly see on a taco.

i saw the pics on the last pages, so dusty it looked primered.

I like the shaved rear end, i dont think i have seen it done on a 2nd gen, and it looks cleaner and more natural than other shave asses ive seen on the net