Custom Paint Job for 2nd Gen Street Taco

Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #21
GRatt will become famous soon enough

Name: Garrett
GRatt's Tacoma Gallery
m90 snow camo or flat brown.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery

Old 02-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #24
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
The copper from the nissan 370z.

Or WRB (world rally blue) from the subaru WRX.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #25
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
You could powder coat those wheels. Look great IMO.
That wouldn't be a bad idea. Do you know how much a professional powder coat job would cost me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Flat white?
Just googled pictures of this and I like the look. I just don't know how the maintenance would be compared to glossy paints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreidTaco View Post
Too bad our rides have so much plastic... I was going to say take it to bare metal with buffing swirls and then just clear coat the pi$$ out of it.
I have a 5-lug extra cab, so I don't have those plastic trims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
pink. with eyelash's
HAHA! No way, the wife would use the truck more than me if that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
go with a copper color
Which copper color, theres so many to choose from. What car did you see it on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
still like this one.
That x-runner looks horrible with that two tone, should've just painted it completely orange.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #26
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/ho...does-work.html
Old 03-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #27
So I've decided on 2 colors from Lexus that I need your guys opinion on..

1. Noble Spinel Mica

2. Verdigris Mica

The Noble Spinel is 3 stage Dark Red with a little black cherry effect in it under the shade. I'm a big fan on candy red paint but for a truck I didn't want it to flashy so I came across this one and thought it would look great.

Verdigris looks gray but its actually a dark grayish green metallic color. Looks very unique in person and pictures from google don't do any justice. I plan to leave my clear headlights (Anti-BHLM here :P) on so I think the darker shade would give it a classy look. And in the distant future I might have some polished face and chrome lip wheels, color match the grille surrounding, and maybe switch out my black billet grille for either a

Black Mesh Grille

or Stainless Steel Mesh Grille

I know the color choice really depends on other mods I have or plan to put on so this is why I'm adding these pics.

I'm really stuck on both and can't decide on which one to go that's why I want TW to be the ice breaker and give me some honest thoughts and opinions. And please no stupid post of "you should go with a two-tone hot pink" or somewhere along the lines. Just pure honest suggestions. Thanks guys for tuning in, i'll have the first few sets of pictures this coming week when I drop the taco off on Monday.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #28
Finally dropped it off to my pop's body shop. Here's some before pics..

A few body mods before paint:

-Inner tabs on rear bed fenders will be rolled to clear rubbing from tires (going lower after paint)

-Shaved antenna (never listen to radio anyways)

-Color match tail gate handle (I would love to shave this, but there seems to be no handle relocator kit and I haven't seen anyone with a solution to this.)

- And finally a nice roll pan from grant kustoms, with middle license plate in middle, molded to bed fenders.

I'll have more updates when they start the work. Thanks guys for tuning in!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #29
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Interested to see the transformation. Take lots of pics along the way.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #30
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
moar lowa
Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #31
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery

You know you want to chrome it out...everybody secretly does.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #32
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRatt View Post
m90 snow camo or flat brown.

Dosen't look too bad, but I think a better job could be done.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post

You know you want to chrome it out...everybody secretly does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post

Dosen't look too bad, but I think a better job could be done.
ahahaha! you guys are too much!! no way in the world I would paint my taco chrome or camo!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #37
I took a couple snaps with my phone. So far the front end was removed and they started removing the antenna and hood squirters getting ready for welding. I told them to take their time because GrantKustoms is still building the roll pan so it might take a couple more weeks for it to get to the shop. So I decided to go with a PPG's Candy Dark Cherry Red w/ black base coat. If i'm gonna do all this work i might as well go with a 3 stage paint job. I'll have more pics up later this week.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #38
Now for some UPDATES!!

So far antenna, front bumper license plate holes, and hood squirters are shaved and primered. Roll pan from grantkustoms still hasn't come in yet and they already began prepping the truck for paint, so I told them to shave the 3rd brake light. (I'll have pics of that as soon as that's done) I also took some pics of the rear bed fender work. I did this so I won't worry about any rubbing issues for wide wheels. I'm still looking for a JDM staggered setup, should be 20x9/20x10 with low offsets and stretched tires. I'm also debating if I should shave the tailgate handle but then again no relocating kit and I really don't want my inner tailgate moulding off with wires hanging loose. Well enough talk here's the pics!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #39
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait to see it finished nicee!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #40
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for after pics