LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Custom Paint Job for 2nd Gen Street Taco

Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #41
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Black n yellow
Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #42
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
Go for the orange. And powder coat your wheels black.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #43
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
heres more update pics.. decided to shave the door handles as well. grant kustoms roll pan came in yesterday so body work will get started next week. So far all the jambs have been painted and first coat of base for bumper and hood has been sprayed.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #44
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 04-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #45
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elytravis View Post

Dosen't look too bad, but I think a better job could be done.
Hey man! That's my truck! I've decided against it so anyone else can have at! Lol
Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #47
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
curious now. sub'd
Old 04-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #48
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelsMyKuya View Post
heres more update pics.. decided to shave the door handles as well. grant kustoms roll pan came in yesterday so body work will get started next week. So far all the jambs have been painted and first coat of base for bumper and hood has been sprayed.

Your really going all out on your truck. Looking good so far. Keep us updated.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #49

Almost forgot to add the roll pan. The quality is top notch and the light bulb they added is a LED so thats a plus! Haha
Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #50
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Pearl Orange. hands down.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #51
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for pics
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #52
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
what color did you pick exatly?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
Your really going all out on your truck. Looking good so far. Keep us updated.
I wish I can go all out! This truck would be laying frame with some super wide wheels kissing the fenders. Since I still have 2 years of payments left, this will do for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Pearl Orange. hands down.
Not a fan of any orange. If you're talking about the pictures of the bumper and hood I posted, that is just the first coat of base. It looks like a brownish orange in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
what color did you pick exatly?
If you look a couple pages back in this thread, it is the Noble Spinel Mica from the Lexus LS460. In the shade it looks like a dark burgandy, but when it hits the sun, the pearl looks stunning. Those pics don't do justice. After making a trip to the dealer, I was set on the color. At first I was going to buy the traditional Candy Apple Red but my painter suggested a factory 3-stage red paint and saved me half the cost of PPG's Vibrance Line. There was another red from Lexus that was close to candy apple, the matador red mica, but I didn't like how it looked like bright red lipstick at some angles.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #54
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Almost forgot to add the roll pan. The quality is top notch and the light bulb they added is a LED so thats a plus! Haha
NICE! a roll pan was my next step before i sold it

Quote:
I wish I can go all out! This truck would be laying frame with some super wide wheels kissing the fenders. Since I still have 2 years of payments left, this will do for now.

i would have bagged it for the price of the paint and custom work...but i guess if you still have payments...bleh thats a lame excuse

its going to be a killer clean shaven taco! cant wait to see it man!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #55
jmart19 is on a distinguished road
jmart19's Tacoma Gallery
small world

I have a 2006 also in the shop and i was thinking the same color this is what I'm looking for. What do u think is that color close? How close is your truck to being finished??? Any other pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Paint Job for 2nd Gen Street Taco-22852130039_large.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #57
Just stopped by the shop to take some updated pictures. They were so busy my truck was on hold for a week or two before they started on the custom body work but I'm okay with it since I told them to take their time on this. I want it to come out perfect and so far everything is looking great.

All the exterior pieces were sprayed with the base coat, then the rest of the truck before the pearl and clear process. I'll have more photos up next week.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #58
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Damn thats going to be one sweet 5-lugger, rear end is looking good
Old 04-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #59
Hinanomon is on a distinguished road
Hinanomon's Tacoma Gallery
hey nice taco! i was thinking about painting mine a color like that except more brownish then going with a lot chrome.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #60
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
Sic!