Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Stock or not?

Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Stock or not?

Alright so a couple of things was done to the truck before I got it so I am wondering if this is stock or not? drop, blocks etc. It seems to sit lower than a stock tacoma but I could be wrong.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Your leafs are on the bottom of the axel with a block. So yes, its lowered. Easy to fix. Just pull the leafs and put the back on top of the axle where it belongs. Unless you want a lowered truck.

Edit: unless that photo is upside down.

Edit x2. Im a idiot. Ignore this.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Your leafs are on the bottom of the axel with a block. So yes, its lowered. Easy to fix. Just pull the leafs and put the back on top of the axle where it belongs. Unless you want a lowered truck.

I want a lowered truck! I am just trying to figure out what is already there.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
I want a lowered truck! I am just trying to figure out what is already there.
The axle was sat on the leafs and a block was put in. To each their own

Edit:
Going to go fill out ID TEN T form.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome looks like I can mark a couple things off my list, Need some coilovers now
Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
revised
Quote:
Awesome looks like I can mark a couple things off my list, Need some coilovers now
Good looking truck. Good luck with making it how you want it. I would put some air bags in incase you want to beable to carry a load.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nononononononono NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The non-Prerunner 2wd is spring-under-axle.
This is the "5-Lug". You can't just "put the springs on top of the axle"

6-Lug Tacomas are all spring-over axle.

But no, the block is not stock... the truck was lowered.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post

Oh lol. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thank you for keeping people from being extremely misinformed
Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Thank you for keeping people from being extremely misinformed
Ive been really good at the misinformation as of late. Sorry.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Based on your pic, the back is lowered. It looks like about a 2" lowering block. Have any pics of the front?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Zimaura is on a distinguished road

Name: Nj
Zimaura's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ive been really good at the misinformation as of late. Sorry.
HAHAHAHA i was going to post exactly what you have posted...
But now i know...
never really looked at the axle of a 5 lugger....

Edit: and the suspension....
Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Ditto on the front... I'm curious how it's treated.
The truck sits really nice, but it does seem the rear was lowered more than the front (which would be expected since they sit ass-high when stock).

I'm betting it's a 1.5-2" block on the rear and a 1" spacer drop on the front.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ditto on the front... I'm curious how it's treated.
The truck sits really nice, but it does seem the rear was lowered more than the front (which would be expected since they sit ass-high when stock).

I'm betting it's a 1.5-2" block on the rear and a 1" spacer drop on the front.
I will have to check the front tomorrow, but I knew something was up when I parked next to a stock version of my truck. Thanks everyone for all the input...and the misinformation lol
Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #15
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimaura View Post
HAHAHAHA i was going to post exactly what you have posted...
But now i know...
never really looked at the axle of a 5 lugger....

Edit: and the suspension....
Quote:
I will have to check the front tomorrow, but I knew something was up when I parked next to a stock version of my truck. Thanks everyone for all the input...and the misinformation lol
Someone's gotta do it. So, derp derp a derp
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Edit x2. Im a idiot. Ignore this.
DERP LOL! probably shouldnt give any more advice in this sub forum haha

Quote:
so wait, just to clarify, did you think the block was a stock feature? no lol. that is aftermarket. and that looks like a 2" block. unless they custom ordered a 1.5, its 2". you could probably get a 3" block, stiffer shocks, lo pro bump (if you dont already have) and probably some longer u bolts to get another inch of drop witout notching the frame. OR, get a 4wd leaf pack and pull out the middle leaf. which i believe gives you 3" of drop with a better ride than blocks. that would also need shorter shocks and a lo pro bump though. not sure what you have up front, but then again i dont know shit about 2nd gen front suspension.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #19
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
they don't make coilovers for this truck. just fyi. it sucks lol.
really?? that does suck, looks like I need to get some new shocks then.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
really?? that does suck, looks like I need to get some new shocks then.
the only struts for the front that are the stock bilstien XR struts.

you can use this with either a XII 1.75" drop spring, XII Stock Height XR springs or OEM XR Spring.

all the other struts are for lifted/stock applications