Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Lowered Taco? LETS SEE 'EM!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2014, 09:31 PM   #1681
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Sorry, it's the biggest lowered thread I could find. You guys stay in the shadows
I think he was more saying that we've let this thread die.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #1685
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
This past weekend got to talk and meet Nigel the magician behind engineered to slide. They are on there honeymoon both him and the wife came to the meet pretty good turn out super down to earth guy too bad he couldn't bring his truck or at least a custom turbo made for my sad 2tr:/

Haha

O and Jess saw you in waianae on Memorial Day threw a Shaka but you never see haha
Awwww shiet sorry bro! Was probably blasting sounds mobbing like us waianae guys do ha ha ha. Stop by my house next time you kruz through. Still got my number ah! Eh how's the qa1's happy with em?
Old 05-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #1688
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
At a car meet I'm at
Old 06-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #1690
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Awwww shiet sorry bro! Was probably blasting sounds mobbing like us waianae guys do ha ha ha. Stop by my house next time you kruz through. Still got my number ah! Eh how's the qa1's happy with em?
Cherry I'm happy I just installed some billys up front till coilovers but gonna have the front done so i can bring it down a bit more
Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #1691
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

First rolling shot haha

Memorial day visit

Photo shop FTW

Old 06-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az lowtacoma View Post
Lookin good brudah man
Hahah these are my IG pics
Old 06-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #1694
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
Hahah these are my IG pics

I saw them on there too. I just didn't want to go search for them again to leave a comment so I figured I would on here.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #1695

Hahah
Old 06-11-2014, 04:30 AM   #1696
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We're doing a retrofit for it, since the owner is all of about three miles from us. Nice guy named Mike.

In exchange for this information, anyone know of lowering kits for a pre-runner?
Old 06-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #1698
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I do. How low does he want to go? Then, how do you feel about wheel hop?
The question is in regards to my truck. His is going to likely have to be tube chassis to handle the power (goal is over 1500hp).

Looks like Tundra Racing makes a decent kit for about $550 to drop mine back down to a 5-lug height.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:44 AM   #1699
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. Makes sense.

I had the Tundra Racing kit. Two things that i feel when could be better about it. 1) The block/axle perches could be a made out of a better material, as well as the plate which the U-bolts go through. That plate is also where the shock is bolted to. The sleeve where the shock is bolted to has a tendency to crack where it is welded to the plate.Even with their reinforced design. It just needs to be a higher grade steel, instead of the mild steel.
Since you are part of a fab shop replacing with a stronger lower plate would be easy enough.

2) With the block, it amplifies the axle wrap which is noticed at regular height. Aids in the cracking on the plate mentioned above, as well. For me, I replaced the lower plate completely with that which comes with the CalTracs traction bars. The wheel hop would actually get quite violent. With some form of traction bar, that will no longer be a problem.

Currently, I have gone lower, out of necessity, and do not have the blocks/axle perches from Tundra racing nor their rear spring shackle. I used the OEM shackle, and a CalTrac axle perch. It makes the axle sit right on top of the leaf springs. Reduced the axle wrap more, but it greatly lowered the rear. So much so that reduced height bump stops were needed, as well as properly sized front coilovers to match the rear.

I hope that info helps. Pick your poison. If you have any more questions, I will he'll as best as I can.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #1700
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tor, how's Clifford's truck coming along or is it on hold?
Shoot, didn't even notice this post. He is working on lining up some space so that he has a place to work on it. He has some mods he is tryin to get done, but again, needs a place to do them. So pretty much on hold until then. I guarantee that he is anxious to tune and turn up the boost though.

Products Discussed in this Thread