Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

springs for lowering my 07 taco

Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Question springs for lowering my 07 taco

ok so im lowering my 07 regular cab tacoma. i have the bilstein shocks on their way for the front. Ill be getting the x2 steel leafs or some 4x4 leafs to bring the back down a bit. plus qa1s to get rid of the stock rear shocks. I plan to get 2" blocks for the back and djm control arms later on. but while i have the the leafs and front and rear shocks installed (which may be on for a while) should i go with the x2 performance drop spring for the front or the srock ride height performance spring also from x2. will the drop spring be too much when i finally put the djm control arms on? whats he smartest way to do this since i will have the truck withput the blocks and control arms for a while. i dont want to buy the drop springs now and then have to buy thw stock height springs when i put on the control arms.in the future. whats the best choice?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
ok so im lowering my 07 regular cab tacoma. i have the bilstein shocks on their way for the front. Ill be getting the x2 steel leafs or some 4x4 leafs to bring the back down a bit. plus qa1s to get rid of the stock rear shocks. I plan to get 2" blocks for the back and djm control arms later on. but while i have the the leafs and front and rear shocks installed (which may be on for a while) should i go with the x2 performance drop spring for the front or the srock ride height performance spring also from x2. will the drop spring be too much when i finally put the djm control arms on? whats he smartest way to do this since i will have the truck withput the blocks and control arms for a while. i dont want to buy the drop springs now and then have to buy thw stock height springs when i put on the control arms.in the future. whats the best choice?
Your new XR Bilsteins with XR coils will get you about half an inch lower.

The X2 or Sittin Sic coils will bring you down one full inch. Same/same since X2 bought out SS.

You can also find the SOS drop kit to get you down, but I'm personally not a fan of that kit.

The other thing you can do is talk to Phil Damnit and see if he can get you a set of drop spacers for the lower spindle. He gets them made anywhere from 1/2" to 1 1/2". Then just buy longer bolts.

DJM + XR Billies/coils = -4.5"
DJM + XR Billies/coils + spacers = -5.5"
DJM + XR Billies/X2 coils = -5"
DJM + XR Billies/X2 coils + spacers = -5.5", -6", or -6"
(If you go lower than -5.5" keep an eye on your steering rack.)

^Those are the most common combinations for front drop.

Any drop over -4.5" and you run into camber issues.

I ran the second option up there for about a year and a half and was stuck with -3 degrees of camber. They alignment bolts get maxed out and that's that.

I combated the negative camber by running Nitto Neo Gen tires that have a hard inner tread block and reduce wear and tear more than regular tires.

Click the "Build down" link in my signature to see what it all looks like and how it plays out.

Hope that helps.

Feel free to send me a message if you need any more help.