Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Let the mods begin

Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #201
RedLantern is on a distinguished road

RedLantern's Tacoma Gallery
Clean looking taco bro. hows the ride with your setup?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #202
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post
Clean looking taco bro. hows the ride with your setup?
Thanks! Its not too bad def nore rough then stock but id say good for a lowered truck. Especially with our trashed roads.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 AM   #203
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Thanks! Its not too bad def nore rough then stock but id say good for a lowered truck. Especially with our trashed roads.
Ho u da ruff ridah!

Our roads suck ass!!!!!!!!!!! And I drive from Ewa Beach daily
Old 04-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #204

Quote:
yea man, watch out for them steel plates on nimitz! My brother in law cracked his rim twice there.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #205
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
Ho u da ruff ridah!
Kruzing west side das why ha ha
Our roads suck ass!!!!!!!!!!! And I drive from Ewa Beach daily
Quote:
yea man, watch out for them steel plates on nimitz! My brother in law cracked his rim twice there.
Brah thats so annoying. And they only wanna keep paying these guys to throw gravel in the potholes instead of citting that operation and just slowly fixing all the roads. Sucks
Old 04-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #206

Quote:
Brah thats so annoying. And they only wanna keep paying these guys to throw gravel in the potholes instead of citting that operation and just slowly fixing all the roads. Sucks
Yup, worst roads in the nation and worst traffic. Giving me second thoughts on my wheel choice
Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #207
Large Member

Quote:
Yup, worst roads in the nation and worst traffic. Giving me second thoughts on my wheel choice
No bad if u get big wheels and ur not lowered, lowered and big wheels wheeew thats to much for me. lol catching air in these dips and shit ha ha ha with stiff suspension
Old 04-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #208
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No bad if u get big wheels and ur not lowered, lowered and big wheels wheeew thats to much for me. lol catching air in these dips and shit ha ha ha with stiff suspension
Welcome to my world...... I think I'm stuck on just getting 18s now I wanna be hellaflush with some tire not rubber bands
Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #209

Brah i seen you today at Pearl City Chevron i was passing by in my work taco and spotted you haha and i turned into the gas station for catch you but you got into the truck and started driving haha if i never was on a delivery i would have folloed you

anyways! your truck looks way better in person super clean love the stance and everything man great taco
Old 04-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #210
Large Member

Quote:
Brah i seen you today at Pearl City Chevron i was passing by in my work taco and spotted you haha and i turned into the gas station for catch you but you got into the truck and started driving haha if i never was on a delivery i would have folloed you

anyways! your truck looks way better in person super clean love the stance and everything man great taco
Lmao classic. Thanks! I think I just got done running her through the wash! Chee catch you next time! Oh and finally measured clearance. Bout 4-1/2 inches clearance with the 2 inch blocks

Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #211

Quote:
Lmao classic. Thanks! I think I just got done running her through the wash! Chee catch you next time! Oh and finally measured clearance. Bout 4-1/2 inches clearance with the 2 inch blocks

Yeah u was wiping em haha
RAJAH!!!!!! Thanks maybe that really gives me a good idea of my clearance I'll prolly be like 2" of clearance after said and done hopefully with my drop shocks keep me from bottoming out so I'm low and smooth
Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #214

Quote:
well guys as soon as i get those blocks in ill only have 3-1/2 in clearance but thats plenty. The real test is throwing the bike in the back 450lbs or so!
Naw I think ur should be fine with the qa1s

Shit if I only have 2" I prolly can't carry heavy loads hope the new shocks make a big difference in ride quality
Old 04-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #215
Large Member

Quote:
Naw I think ur should be fine with the qa1s

Shit if I only have 2" I prolly can't carry heavy loads hope the new shocks make a big difference in ride quality

yah im pretty sure shell go. My rear is smooth over bumps but the front jars ur bones in really bad areas ha ha
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #216
Large Member

So i was using these crappy bushings with my x brace which was working a little when i had it tight but when they were really tight they were squeaking insanely so, i just loosened them and forgot about it for a while. I found some steel spacers that fit around the bolt and allow me to attach the x brace solid and tighten it down. NOW i can feel it working. Gotta say tottally worth the 200 i spent on it. Huge improvement in handling, suprisngly better. Super stoked!!!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #217
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gotta say tottally worth the 200 i spent on it. Huge improvement in handling, suprisngly better. Super stoked!!!!!
w00t! Glad to hear it wasn't a waste of your time. That thing hangs really low... looks like it's lower than your tailpipe? Can it be adjusted to not hang so low?
Old 05-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #218
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
w00t! Glad to hear it wasn't a waste of your time. That thing hangs really low... looks like it's lower than your tailpipe? Can it be adjusted to not hang so low?
definately not, honestly if you guys find one on craigslist(rare!!!!) grab it cuz its an easy pretty much bolt up mod with a huge improvement. Nah its not that low i think its just the way the angle of the picture looks. Its the same height as it would be on an x runner, never scraped it yet, think the tail pipe is lower too. Its clear!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #219
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
definately not, honestly if you guys find one on craigslist(rare!!!!) grab it cuz its an easy pretty much bolt up mod with a huge improvement. Nah its not that low i think its just the way the angle of the picture looks. Its the same height as it would be on an x runner, never scraped it yet, think the tail pipe is lower too. Its clear!
x2 on that. it made way more of a difference than i thought it would too.

i used the energy suspension sway bar end link bushings. kind of a rip off at oriley's (they're $30 or so) but it works.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #220
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
x2 on that. it made way more of a difference than i thought it would too.

i used the energy suspension sway bar end link bushings. kind of a rip off at oriley's (they're $30 or so) but it works.
Yah i tried using those, mine were just the poly bushings from the same end links but when i tried to tighten em down i got all these creaky sounds every time id turn lol. i looked at the x runner and they got that bracket which is solid so i know theres no flex to it. I figured my steel spacers would be closer to that effect then the poly bushings. I feel it works way better now! I wanna get some spacers with a little more meat outside cuz these just fit right around the bolt, but im not in a rush, these are working extremely well!