1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let the mods begin

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by jmarquez808, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Dec 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 [OP] Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    i got them for 120 i guess its kind of a gamble since i dont know exactly how much he used ten. he wrecked his truck and sold all the parts. Im getting this creakingtype noise from the front. Like the squeaky rear leaf sound. Im assuming its the stock springs. so Id like to get rid of that noise while helping to hold the front end up with this stiffer springs and have less bottoming out on the front end

2. Dec 17, 2012 at 5:09 AM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    I hate to be Captain Obvious, but have you greased the bushings on your DJM kit recently? You've got 4 on each side... that's a lot of opportunity for annoying squeaks.

3. Dec 17, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    lol yes captain obvious, ha ha nah yah i greased them prior to install like your supposed too. But i havnt been runnning them long at all. Maybe i have to grease them some more now that theyve had time to settle in and move around a bit. i donno. Ill try that too tho.

4. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    My truck squeaks too lol. It's a truck :p

Nah, I'm prolly gonna get under it sometime next week and re-grease everything up :cool:

5. Dec 24, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    HA HA BUT EVERY SINGLE MOVEMENT IS CREAK CREAK CREAK, ITS SUPER ANNOYING. LOL , stupid caps lock. lol. How do you get to those upper zirc fittings with he grease gun. dammit my grease gun hose is too big. lol

6. Dec 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Ha ha ha even used spit and it wont fit lol

7. Dec 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    i kinda made a mess w/ grease around the places where the control arms touched the frame. kinda helped. idk the squeaking will slowly get better but it never ends. rofl.

8. Dec 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Ha ha ill try that. Kinda sounds like its conong from my right shock on the top. Hmm we'll see!!

9. Jan 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Yesterday..... hungover..... lol changed the stock coils finally with the ss stock ride height coils that ive had since i installed the djm kit. The stock stuff was ok at first id bottom out somtimes on dips and potholes then after about 3 weeks they just turned to shit. They were squeaking like crazy and the front bump stop would hit the frame running over a pebble!

Drove to work no squeaking no bottom out on the usual places ride is stiffer and way improved. What was i waiting for??? Well alignment is done now lets just hope these springs dont get the gay on me like the stock ones!!

coils.jpg

10. Jan 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    Hmmm... well, I'm happy you resolved your squeaking issue, but is everyone with the DJM kit having the same issues or are you just *special*? :p (I just ordered the DJM front kit :eek: ) My guess is that the SS springs, being stiffer, prevent the suspension from moving as much as it did before and whatever was squeaking never gets it's chance to squeak :D

Are you still using the stock front shocks?

11. Jan 3, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    Athlaos

Athlaos Destruction Mode

Member:
    First Name:
    Leigh
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Manual TRD SC 1.87" pulley
    A flux retro-capacitance encabulator
    Just read through this whole thread, this build is totally awesome. I love street trucks. Even though mine is not lowered and probably never will be, I like the look a lot. I find the 2.7s kind of funny looking when they're stock, but you've done a great job so far. I hope this truck becomes everything you've dreamt about.

Mighty Mighty Mouse likes this.
  12. Jan 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Actually for me i think it was the stock coils that were squeaking. I have brand new x runner bilsteins installed so once i removed those stock springs it was all good. Especially the right side and its probably because that one was worn out. I bottomed out and tweaked my frame long ago on that side on some back road so it was that one that was squeaking. But i reccommend the xii (ss springs same thing) highly because it really helps hold ur front end up.

13. Jan 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man appreciate it!! More to come!! :)

14. Jan 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    i love the stock height coils. they kinda ride like shit though, but it's well worth it.

15. Jan 3, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    ha ha yah rough ride but better alternative to what i had before with the stock ones. Hmmm what about their drop coils i wonder if id be bottoming out again?

Getting used to this drop already damnit.... I wanna go MOAR LOW!!!!!

16. Jan 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Comparison photos

Stock VS. Modded Taco

Who will win!!! Lol

image.jpg

17. Jan 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
  18. Jan 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    NICE!!! :cool:

19. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Thank you gentleman!

20. Jan 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Well I have an x brace available local for 200 dolla. Should i scoop it up. Not sure if that's overpriced or what

Products Discussed in

To Top