Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Let the mods begin

Old 07-18-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Let the mods begin

We all know what the base 2.7l taco looks like so who needs a pic of that. My 07 is paid off and is ready for mods. So far just tint, powder coated x runner rims, led dome light, afe dry filter cold air intake, alpine head with amp and 10in type sub and some stickers. Let the mods begin!

Attached Thumbnails
Let the mods begin-20120717_163310.jpg   Let the mods begin-20120717_064809.jpg   Let the mods begin-image.jpg  
Old 07-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think of the AFE CAI? I have an AFE drop but I am considering getting a K&N CAI because I've heard that they guarantee HP increases.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
drop it.. headlight mod..
Yes the djm kit will be next with qa1's in the rear and the bilsteins for the front plus x2 stock height coils. im doing the notch screw it. lol. Im either gonna get a new set of the projector style headlights that come darkened or do the head light mod. I just wonder if blacking out the headlight for that mod will let me pass safety with those lights in hawaii, ill have to ask around. Lots of work to be done
Old 07-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
get the v6 4.0
Old 07-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
What do you think of the AFE CAI? I have an AFE drop but I am considering getting a K&N CAI because I've heard that they guarantee HP increases.
A lot of people say its not worth it, ive seen all kinds of controversy of it doing nothing being better being worse. My experience is good with the afe. I feel like i get uphill easier now. It was worth it. Plus with the afe dry filter you dont ever have to oil it like the k&N kind which can be a messy pain in the ass. This one just needs to be dunked a few times in warm soapy water, let it dry, and put it back. Way less maintenance. My trucks neevr touched a dyno and never will lol so i cant say anything on hp gains, only speculation.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You won't get any HP gains from any CAI. Plus the K&N is oiled so if you over oil you will mess up the MAF.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Yes the djm kit will be next with qa1's in the rear and the bilsteins for the front plus x2 stock height coils. im doing the notch screw it. lol. Im either gonna get a new set of the projector style headlights that come darkened or do the head light mod. I just wonder if blacking out the headlight for that mod will let me pass safety with those lights in hawaii, ill have to ask around. Lots of work to be done
what island you on? How you gonna get recon?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone can say anything on the internet, right.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #15
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
daytime running light mod complete, insurance discount??
how did you do that?? pics??
Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #16
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomonazul View Post
how did you do that?? pics??
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...stall-oem.html

sorry i didnt take any pics, i should have but i was rushing, girlfriend was upstairs waiting for me heh heh. but that thread is super good and will explain exactly.what to.do.with pics! Enjoy
Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #17
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomonazul View Post
get the v6 4.0
2TR's are build stronger. Iron Block and Forged Crank FTW.

anyway truck is looking good! can't wait to see it dropped!

just a warning though the XII springs are VERY stiff, but your truck will handle very nicely especially with those QA1s!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
2TR's are build stronger. Iron Block and Forged Crank FTW.

anyway truck is looking good! can't wait to see it dropped!

just a warning though the XII springs are VERY stiff, but your truck will handle very nicely especially with those QA1s!
Thanks!
what coils are you using? Are there any better options? Real stiff like everytime i hit a dip or pothole my energy drink spills all over me? lol
Old 07-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #20
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Waste of money, lets more dirt into the engine.
Stick with the stock paper filter... best filtration and there's no advantage in power or economy going with anything else.