Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Can not get 2012 CD player to play WMA

Old 07-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
DaiWatkins is on a distinguished road
Name: Dai
DaiWatkins's Tacoma Gallery
Can not get 2012 CD player to play WMA

My new SR5 Pre Runner 2012 with a single CD non navigation audio has a "file" control. I have been able to cut a MP3 disk to play it in the CD but the "file" control appears to do nothing.

I have burned WMA files to a data disk using Widows 7 Media Player and other burned software. They won't play on the Tacoma CD, but the manual is so weak on the whole issue of WMA/MP3 and the "file" control it is practically useless.

Can anyone educate me.

Dai
Old 08-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
DaiWatkins is on a distinguished road
Name: Dai
DaiWatkins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiWatkins View Post
My new SR5 Pre Runner 2012 with a single CD non navigation audio has a "file" control. I have been able to cut a MP3 disk to play it in the CD but the "file" control appears to do nothing.

I have burned WMA files to a data disk using Widows 7 Media Player and other burned software. They won't play on the Tacoma CD, but the manual is so weak on the whole issue of WMA/MP3 and the "file" control it is practically useless.

Can anyone educate me.

Dai
Some advance: I found that if you burn an MP3 CD with two or more albums in the burn list, the File control on the audio system acts to move from one album to the other and within an album the other applicable controls serve to move from one song or tune to the other within an album.

Still at a total loss in the case of WMA files that I can not get to play from a cd burned as data file from Windows Media PLayer.

Dai