1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a good stance/ride lowering setup

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by WinnieTabz, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Jul 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    WinnieTabz

WinnieTabz [OP] Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma S-Runner
    whistle, bumper lights on with corners
    Hey TW, i have a 04 tacoma ext cab and im planning on lowering it, i was originally planning on doing a 2" front coils and a 3" rear drop blocks. But i heard that i wont be satisfied with how low itll go. So he suggested that i do a 2" coil and a 1" front spindle relocater then a 3" rear drop blocks and remove one leaf. is that a great setup for stance and ride?? Any suggestions. . .

2. Jul 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    A 2/3 drop will be fine for a little while, buy you will most likely want to go lower shortly after, the problem is that you can;t really go much lower without a frame notch. Basicially the best drop you can get without a notch is a 3/4, and 4" with low pro bumps will leave you with not a whole lot of travel, so stiff shocks will be a good idea. You will probably want to do a 4" in the back to make it look lower, and IMO i like the stance you get with 1-2" more drop in the back. As for the front you can do a 2/3" drop coil, or a ball joint (bj) flip, brian has a bj flip kit on his site (streetacos). That should get you 3" in the front, and it's pretty cheap.

For the back a good option is finding some 4wd leafs and pulling the middle leaf. It will give you 3", and it will end up being stiffer than the 2wd leafs. Between that and a 1" block that's your best bet for the rear, you can also pull a leaf from your 2wd pack and get your 3" that way. I don'y know much about it, but i know you can get your 2wd pack "de-arched", which again will get you about 3". Or you could just get some massive 4" blocks.

Then if you wanna drop it even more look into frame notches for the rear. Also check out Customtacos.com. More 2wd/lowered scene and it has A LOT of good builds for you to check out!

3. Jul 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    magic

magic Well-Known Member

Member:
    lift, dont lower. Best advice ;) haha

4. Jul 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    god, why did i not even remember that or think to mention that...yes. go to that thread. It's stickied at the top of the page.

Products Discussed in

To Top