Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Looking for a good stance/ride lowering setup

Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
WinnieTabz is on a distinguished road
WinnieTabz's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a good stance/ride lowering setup

Hey TW, i have a 04 tacoma ext cab and im planning on lowering it, i was originally planning on doing a 2" front coils and a 3" rear drop blocks. But i heard that i wont be satisfied with how low itll go. So he suggested that i do a 2" coil and a 1" front spindle relocater then a 3" rear drop blocks and remove one leaf. is that a great setup for stance and ride?? Any suggestions. . .
Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieTabz View Post
Hey TW, i have a 04 tacoma ext cab and im planning on lowering it, i was originally planning on doing a 2" front coils and a 3" rear drop blocks. But i heard that i wont be satisfied with how low itll go. So he suggested that i do a 2" coil and a 1" front spindle relocater then a 3" rear drop blocks and remove one leaf. is that a great setup for stance and ride?? Any suggestions. . .
A 2/3 drop will be fine for a little while, buy you will most likely want to go lower shortly after, the problem is that you can;t really go much lower without a frame notch. Basicially the best drop you can get without a notch is a 3/4, and 4" with low pro bumps will leave you with not a whole lot of travel, so stiff shocks will be a good idea. You will probably want to do a 4" in the back to make it look lower, and IMO i like the stance you get with 1-2" more drop in the back. As for the front you can do a 2/3" drop coil, or a ball joint (bj) flip, brian has a bj flip kit on his site (streetacos). That should get you 3" in the front, and it's pretty cheap.

For the back a good option is finding some 4wd leafs and pulling the middle leaf. It will give you 3", and it will end up being stiffer than the 2wd leafs. Between that and a 1" block that's your best bet for the rear, you can also pull a leaf from your 2wd pack and get your 3" that way. I don'y know much about it, but i know you can get your 2wd pack "de-arched", which again will get you about 3". Or you could just get some massive 4" blocks.

Then if you wanna drop it even more look into frame notches for the rear. Also check out Customtacos.com. More 2wd/lowered scene and it has A LOT of good builds for you to check out!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieTabz View Post
Check out Brians thread called lowering for newbs under this same section. Lots of info on lowering and the best ways how.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
magic is on a distinguished road
magic's Tacoma Gallery
lift, dont lower. Best advice haha
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
god, why did i not even remember that or think to mention that...yes. go to that thread. It's stickied at the top of the page.
haha I looked at it recently multiple times myself since i just joined looking for advice to lower my truck. Brian knows his stuff