Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

??: difference between a 2/3 drop and a 3/4 drop

Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
WinnieTabz is on a distinguished road
WinnieTabz's Tacoma Gallery
??: difference between a 2/3 drop and a 3/4 drop

hey TW, this is probably answered already but does anyone have a picture of the differences on how low a 04 tacoma ext cab 2wd would look like with a 2/3 drop and a 3/4 drop. i need to decide on a stance before i touch my truck, thanks guys
Old 07-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
get a 4/5 or 5/7 drop better.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieTabz View Post
hey TW, this is probably answered already but does anyone have a picture of the differences on how low a 04 tacoma ext cab 2wd would look like with a 2/3 drop and a 3/4 drop. i need to decide on a stance before i touch my truck, thanks guys
If you're trying to deciede between the two I would say go with a 3/4 drop. With the 3/4 there will be less fender gap so if you want a cleaner more flush look that's the one. You will have to notch your frame for though which i'm personally not a super fan of, but you'll have to notch it to go lower than a 2/3 regardless.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieTabz View Post
imo you won't notice much from the rear as you would the front. As of now I am dropped 1.25" front and 2.5" rear. Before I had only 1" up front but swapped and added in another set of washers to my spindle kit. I notice that it drives MUCH better although there is a little noticeable camber (for me anyhow), but doesn't really effect much (with others it could be different). Keep in mind that with either, you will need to make sure your drop blocks are pinion angled (with std. cabs you don't have to worry).
Old 08-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
Keep in mind that with either, you will need to make sure your drop blocks are pinion angled (with std. cabs you don't have to worry).
False information.

With 2nd gen 5-lug trucks, regarless of cab configuration, any drop over 3" will require offeset pins and/or holes in the block.

At least for standard cabs:
If not, your drive shaft will rub the dust cap. You also run the risk of the drive shaft jamming into the back of the transmission when you hit a good dip that loads the rear suspension.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
False information.

With 2nd gen 5-lug trucks, regarless of cab configuration, any drop over 3" will require offeset pins and/or holes in the block.

At least for standard cabs:
If not, your drive shaft will rub the dust cap. You also run the risk of the drive shaft jamming into the back of the transmission when you hit a good dip that loads the rear suspension.
learned something new today.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
learned something new today.
Yea. lol

Learned that the minute I dropped the rear. haha
Old 08-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Yea. lol

Learned that the minute I dropped the rear. haha
that's another way of learning BUT would rather stay away from (been through that but with my old Dakota ... #smh ... patience is one CRUDE bitch you have to live with).
Old 08-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #9
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
that's another way of learning BUT would rather stay away from (been through that but with my old Dakota ... #smh ... patience is one CRUDE bitch you have to live with).
The OP won't have to worry because he has a first gen. haha