Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Lowered Tacoma with lean?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Lowered Tacoma with lean?

So i lowered the front of my 1995 Tacoma with belltech lowering coils after having done the back, and there is about half an inch height difference between the left and right sides. The left side being lower the right by about half an inch Is this the infamous Taco lean or is something not right?
Old 08-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
you the battery and the gas tank are on the left side so yes it does lean to the left. try measuring when you are at near empty on your tank.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
you the battery and the gas tank are on the left side so yes it does lean to the left. try measuring when you are at near empty on your tank.
Ok I will try that when it gets low agian as i just filled up recently thank you.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #6
Mini Truckin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomVirus View Post
They all do it - it's the TACO LEAN
haha well it looks goofy on one side compared to the other especially with it being lowered and I didn't notice the lean before but oh well I guess
Old 08-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
Mini Truckin'

So the lean is starting to drive me nuts cause i swear it wasn't there before I lowered the front. Is there anything i could do to fix it aside from relocating the battery to the bed?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
ive seen people torch coils before but i wouldnt recommend it.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
your gonna get the gangsta bounce.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
Mini Truckin'

So i wnet out and measured my truck again. The front is lower on the left side by half an inch and the rear left is lower by an inch. Could the shocks be different lengths and off set it like that? i didn't even think to check to make sure the rear shocks were the same length before i installed them i just assumed they were since i triple checked before i ordered them. The other thing i thought was maybe the ubolt nuts on one side had come loose compared to the other side making it off set?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #17
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az lowtacoma View Post
Well I thought about that, but I already bought blocks and such. The only way I could lower the front would be to cut the lowering coil right?
Not too sure on anything before 05+ lol.

I know for us we can use some spacers for the front. I guess cutting the front coil just 1/2in wouldn't be TOO bad. Could be worse, right?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Mini Truckin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Not too sure on anything before 05+ lol.

I know for us we can use some spacers for the front. I guess cutting the front coil just 1/2in wouldn't be TOO bad. Could be worse, right?
Yes i suppose it could be ha. I'll wait and see what happens once my gas tank is almost empty and when i change my blocks out for beefed taco blocks