Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

1 inch closer to the ground!

Old 08-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
1 inch closer to the ground!

Changed my 2 inch drop to a 3 inch drop. Not that noticeable by looking at it but I can feel it.

Out with the old.

In with the NEW.

Before.

After.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
SO MUCH NICER imo.
Is it weird that I can tell the difference when I sit in my truck?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
since you ride in it so much, you tend to notice the little things

when I swapped my AAL for my leaf pack, I went up 1.7" in the rear
holy shit, the first time I got in I felt like the truck was going downhill

looks good!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
since you ride in it so much, you tend to notice the little things

when I swapped my AAL for my leaf pack, I went up 1.7" in the rear
holy shit, the first time I got in I felt like the truck was going downhill

looks good!
I like it! It feels a little bit more level haha I probably won't notice it in a week.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Is it weird that I can tell the difference when I sit in my truck?
like previously stated you will notice eventually or will instantly. I stare at my truck a lot ... more so that my parents seem to think I have mental problems ... .. but I notice the little things to the larger things here and there but mostly due to watching/listening for them even though I have the stereo up. In all honesty it's your ride, you should in a sense be in tuned with it since it's your method of transportation as well as something you ride in a lot.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, good job.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I am right there with you, my girlfriend thinks I am mental about my truck because I take care of it, but I like the drop, I really want better suspension now. goodbye paycheck! lol
Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In with the NEW.

No bump stops, no notch...are you hitting frame or 3rd member with the stock shocks & leafs?

If not, you will be soon. lol
Old 08-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #14
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
No bump stops, no notch...are you hitting frame or 3rd member with the stock shocks & leafs?

If not, you will be soon. lol
yep, I hit frame the other day, I am about to get some bump stops, any shock recommendations guys?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yep, I hit frame the other day, I am about to get some bump stops, any shock recommendations guys?
QA1 -TS7003

You'll love them; 18 settings from spongy to F1 stiffness.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #16
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
QA1 -TS7003

You'll love them; 18 settings from spongy to F1 stiffness.
Know of any place I can get a good price for them?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #17
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Know of any place I can get a good price for them?
Call and talk to Luis.

He's well known on customtacos, good guy.

http://paradiseracing.com/Store/
Old 08-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Call and talk to Luis.

He's well known on customtacos, good guy.

http://paradiseracing.com/Store/
Any big differences between the single adjustable kit and the double adjustable kit?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Any big differences between the single adjustable kit and the double adjustable kit?
The price and the double gets it way stiffer.

It's not reeeeally needed, but since you don't have a notch, you might want it.

You should be fine with the single adjustable shocks though.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The price and the double gets it way stiffer.

It's not reeeeally needed, but since you don't have a notch, you might want it.

You should be fine with the single adjustable shocks though.
hopefully I can put some money towards these soon, pretty easy install I assume?