Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

This one fought a little but I eventually won.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow This one fought a little but I eventually won.

18x9 +30 and stock axle = no tucky tucky. I was going to c-notch this truck and take it from 3/4 to 5/6, but realized after I turned his 4" Beefed blocks into 3" blocks and pulled a leaf that there was no way these flushed out meats were going to tuck. Even with my normal fender trim.

So I take it apart (for the 2nd time) now I flip the overloads to happy to help raise and firm up the ride (95.5-2000 models has curved overloads unlike 01-04 that are pretty flat) and this helped. I could at least test drive it now. My findings....sitting like it did when it arrived but not bottoming out on the axle now, but too high for my taste , and I knew it would be for his taste too.

Back into the shop to get some new 4" blocks. Apart and back together for the 3rd time. Test drive...Taco Lean has it lower on the left and with as much time as I'm putting into the rear of this truck, back into the shop for a 1/2" Lean Spacer for the right. Apart and back together for the 4th time. The rear of this truck and me have become good friends.

I had to avoid the c-notch because this truck needs to bump out just before the tires hit the fenders or they'll get destroyed real quick. This brings me to my new idea I have of coming up with a offset bump stop kit (next to the frame not under it in stock location) that will allow the use of stock soft rubber bumps that the axle can can bump out on and be much softer than poly bumps. Look for the debut of this kit in the near future.

Onto the front. This was the easy end and what I did was supply some 01-04 stock coils and took 1-1/2 coils off. I shaved the top of the coil flat so it won't wear throught the rubber pad and squeak. It dropped about 3/4" more than I thought it would but he likes the look alot. This truck handles really good...I did hit some turns pretty good on my test drive to go get a slurpy...it's been hot & muggy as hell here lately. Onto the pics...

1) How it arrived
2) Lean Spacer bolted to leaf pack under 4" block.
3, 4 & 5) Final test drive.
Attached Thumbnails
This one fought a little but I eventually won.-franky1.jpg   This one fought a little but I eventually won.-franky2.jpg   This one fought a little but I eventually won.-franky3.jpg   This one fought a little but I eventually won.-franky4.jpg   This one fought a little but I eventually won.-franky5.jpg  

Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
18's look huge on first gens.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
18's look huge on first gens.
No, 20's look huge on 1st gens, 18's look perfect. 18's look small on 2nd gen's, and 20's look perfect.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
No, 20's look huge on 1st gens, 18's look perfect. 18's look small on 2nd gen's, and 20's look perfect.
You saying my wheels are too small, Brian?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
looks sick!
Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
You saying my wheels are too small, Brian?
LOL! No, they look great on your truck because it's low enough to make them look great. It's the mildly lowered ones that could benefit from running 20's. (did I save our friendship?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
looks sick!
Thanks! His truck rides really solid and just came from the paint shop, it's CLEAN and handles unbelieveably. Just ask my heart rate after my test drive.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
the fourth pic, the wheels look in sync with each other. I have never seen that on a non-photo shoot truck. Maybe it was chance or intentional. Either way, you made my OCD happy.

Great job on the truck.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango down View Post
the fourth pic, the wheels look in sync with each other. I have never seen that on a non-photo shoot truck. Maybe it was chance or intentional. Either way, you made my OCD happy.

Great job on the truck.
haha. I'm the same way. When I put a center cap back onto a wheel, I make sure it's lined up evenly with the valve stem. This also lets me know if someone removed the wheel between the time I put it back together and if the truck came back to me for more work.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
this thing would look so hard with a satin clear like andrew's truck (triad powderworks)
Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
does anybody happen to know what brand these wheels are? truck looks sick. i love it.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
does anybody happen to know what brand these wheels are? truck looks sick. i love it.
These wheels are a big hit. This is what the guys are saying about the wheels on CT...

"chris seems to be running mb weapons and franky is running mb battles."

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...23#post1869523
Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Damn you make me want bigger wheels now brian! BTW your kit worked perfect on my truck sir for the rear
Great to hear! I always appreciate feedback. I really like you guys over there in the 808. Super cool guys who love lowering their trucks! 90% of my drop parts go there these days! Streetacos thanks the 808 for the undying support!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Why not do a LT bumpstop setup? A controlled means of slowing down the rate of the travel on the rear? Lt guys use them to soften up bump why not do it on a mini as well? Probably plenty of room to do a bolt up git right at the box end of a weld in notch