Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

From 18's to 20's. Whatcha think?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! but lose them 4x4 fenders imo.
I need them.

If I go any wider the rear tires will be outside of the bedside.

I already had to trim the underside of the flares so they won't rub.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #22
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I need them.

they just look gwak on a lowered taco. having them blend in seamlessly would be cool. Like they weren't there but are.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I need them.

I thought of going flares before, but i think it takes away the clean body lines of the truck. If you're worried about going wider or rubbing, just rent out an Eastwood feder roller and pull it out a little.

You pick up the wheels yet? Are you going full reverse lip or step?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
those look sick! the only thing about that style is that they are a bitch to clean haha
Old 09-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
those look sick! the only thing about that style is that they are a bitch to clean haha
Wire wheels are a million times worse lol
Old 09-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #26
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wire wheels are a million times worse lol
haha true
Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #27
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
I never noticed until now, and all you guys are saying flush fenders, but the lines in that pshop actually are reminiscent of late 40s early 50s lines on American sedans/coupes. Intriguing...
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I never noticed until now, and all you guys are saying flush fenders, but the lines in that pshop actually are reminiscent of late 40s early 50s lines on American sedans/coupes. Intriguing...
Dodge Dakotas and the Rams are like that too. Although the body lines are there naturally and they basically give it a "modern" style look to the 40/50's style, imo adding in the fender flares just over exaggerates the body lines.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #29
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dodge Dakotas and the Rams are like that too. Although the body lines are there naturally and they basically give it a "modern" style look to the 40/50's style, imo adding in the fender flares just over exaggerates the body lines.
Ah, flares versus just fenders. Gotcha.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #30
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelsMyKuya View Post
I thought of going flares before, but i think it takes away the clean body lines of the truck. If you're worried about going wider or rubbing, just rent out an Eastwood feder roller and pull it out a little.

You pick up the wheels yet? Are you going full reverse lip or step?
I tried a fender roller last year.

In order to roll bedsides on ours, you have to remove the center bracket over the rear tires. That caused the bedside to wrinkle as it was being rolled because the metal is so thin.

That's why I needed new bedsides. It's just easier to find flared bedsides because of all the silver trucks with fiberglass bedsides. lol
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #31
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I think the flares on a lowered Tacoma look better than the bare fenders/bedsides. Gives it a little more contour to the body instead of just being flat.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #32
weazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant future

weazleburger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
I think the flares on a lowered Tacoma look better than the bare fenders/bedsides. Gives it a little more contour to the body instead of just being flat.
agreed
Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #34
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
iíd get 20ís if i had your truck. but since i donít and iím going for off road, iím going to stay at 16 or 17Ēs.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #35
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
need less offset.

s 20s are a little bit big imho, but i don't like big rims in general. fakas stay givum to much unsprung mass lidat. ainolike. but should look cherry

anyway. i had 9.5" varrstoens front but with less offset when i borrowed them and they were on 245s and with the stretch the tire would sit flush with my stock fenders.

if you ran 10.5" in back it would be herrafrush. although i didn't really care for the staggered setup on the truck...kinda a bit more understeer and kind of alot of push.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #36
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
need less offset.

s 20s are a little bit big imho, but i don't like big rims in general. fakas stay givum to much unsprung mass lidat. ainolike. but should look cherry

anyway. i had 9.5" varrstoens front but with less offset when i borrowed them and they were on 245s and with the stretch the tire would sit flush with my stock fenders.

if you ran 10.5" in back it would be herrafrush. although i didn't really care for the staggered setup on the truck...kinda a bit more understeer and kind of alot of push.
Ehfaka.

I think I'm going to stick with the XR rims for now.

Probably just do spacers to get them out to flush status.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #37

Quote:
need less offset.

was wondering, do you have more pix of this when you had them on? I have only seen one and it was from the back view, I saw the rears sticking out some though. Any idea of the offset of the fronts? I know the limit on the 2nd gens is like 9.5" but that's if you are using the right offset.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #38
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Late to this, but for a low truck, I always think the best look is, the bigger the better.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #39
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ehfaka.

I think I'm going to stick with the XR rims for now.

Probably just do spacers to get them out to flush status.
herraspaced?

Quote:
was wondering, do you have more pix of this when you had them on? I have only seen one and it was from the back view, I saw the rears sticking out some though. Any idea of the offset of the fronts? I know the limit on the 2nd gens is like 9.5" but that's if you are using the right offset.
the backs poke'd quite a bit, but with fender flares i think it would sit flush. the fronts with the 9.5" the rim itself was sitting outside of the fender and the inside was flush with it (herrafrush like) but that's with a stretched tire.

with fender flares and the right offset I am confident enough to say that 10.5" all around would fit with no problem at all.

there are a few XRs with 10.5" rims up front.

pics are here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eg-cab-13.html

Front: 19X9.5 245/35-19 +22
Rear: 19X10.5 +22 275/35-19 +22
Old 09-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #40
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
herraspaced?

Front: 19X9.5 245/35-19 +22
Rear: 19X10.5 +22 275/35-19 +22
#herra

The rears, with that offset...herra, or a lil poke past fender?

Also, the fronts had to be stretched as fuck, and the rears stretched too?