Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

From 18's to 20's. Whatcha think?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
From 18's to 20's. Whatcha think?

So, Beefed brought up a good point in another thread.
He says 18's look great on first gens and 20's look great on second gens.

Well, I agree.
I'm currently running stock X-Runner 18's in 245/40-18 Nitto Neo Gen.
XR rims are 18x8 +30 offset.

I'm wanting to get some Varrstoen 1.1.3 20's in 245/30-20 Nitto Neo Gen.
Varrstoens are 20x9 +25 offset.

The new tire combo is almost exactly the same height as the 18" setup.
Does anyone think I will rub at full lock while turning on the new 9" wide 20's?

The other question is, which tires?
Neo Gen 245/30-20 are $176 each.
NT555 245/30-20 are $174 each.

I always ge Neo Gens because of the hard inner tread block that promotes longer treadwear.

But I thought the NT555 was a sportier, stickier tire.

Thoughts?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Photo shop them onto your truck, then post it up, YO!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
22's, go big or go home
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az lowtacoma View Post
Are you going to be selling your xrunner wheels?
Yes.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Photo shop them onto your truck, then post it up, YO!
Ok, I'll ask.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
I had 20x9 +25 in the front before and I was running 235/35 for a mild stretch. I did have to cut my fender liners to prevent it from rubbing. In my opinion it's not worth buying expensive tires because the camber is gonna eat them up and there's many economy brand tires that are just as good. When I was in the VIP scene, I used federals, nankangs, kuhmos, and generals and all were great tires. They were great for stretching and only $100 each. After having 20s on my truck, I would go with 19s in the future just so I can have extra meat on them. Especially when you're gonna roll in low quality 1 piece wheels, you're gonna want to have more protection from those nasty potholes. Those BBS LM reps are clean but I have a lot of friends who have them and already got cracks or bends from using rubber band tires. Now if you go with a true 2 or 3 piece wheel then that's a different story. That's another reason why I haven't bought wheels yet because I've been saving for some nice 3 pc work wheels. But then again, it's your truck and you can do whatever you want with it. Just giving some advice from experience with my last projects.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelsMyKuya View Post
I had 20x9 +25 in the front before and I was running 235/35 for a mild stretch. I did have to cut my fender liners to prevent it from rubbing. In my opinion it's not worth buying expensive tires because the camber is gonna eat them up and there's many economy brand tires that are just as good. When I was in the VIP scene, I used federals, nankangs, kuhmos, and generals and all were great tires. They were great for stretching and only $100 each. After having 20s on my truck, I would go with 19s in the future just so I can have extra meat on them. Especially when you're gonna roll in low quality 1 piece wheels, you're gonna want to have more protection from those nasty potholes. Those BBS LM reps are clean but I have a lot of friends who have them and already got cracks or bends from using rubber band tires. Now if you go with a true 2 or 3 piece wheel then that's a different story. That's another reason why I haven't bought wheels yet because I've been saving for some nice 3 pc work wheels. But then again, it's your truck and you can do whatever you want with it. Just giving some advice from experience with my last projects.
Front or rear?

I've already cut the fender well and into the rear flares to prevent the 18's from rubbing.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
I am interested in them. Would you possibly want to ship them to Arizona?
I'd rather not.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #12
Ernesto4 is on a distinguished road
Ernesto4's Tacoma Gallery
if you sell your Xrunner rims LMK im in Los Angeles. ill pick up or meet somewhere in the middle?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto4 View Post
if you sell your Xrunner rims LMK im in Los Angeles. ill pick up or meet somewhere in the middle?
They have a couple nicks and some curb rash. FYI
Old 09-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
Mob parking lots.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #16
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Im not usually a fan of that wheel style but they look dope on your truck.
They'd actually be tucking tire a little.

The tire ratio is off on this photochop.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
That actually looks pretty good

I'd go for it.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #19
waheed is on a distinguished road

Name: Waheed
waheed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post