Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Weird screeching noise??

Old 09-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Weird screeching noise??

Alright, I noticed when I come to a slow steady stop, one or both of my rear wheels start to screech. I don't think anything is rubbing but I need to crawl up under there to really check, you guys have any suggestions what this sound could be caused by?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Alright, I noticed when I come to a slow steady stop, one or both of my rear wheels start to screech. I don't think anything is rubbing but I need to crawl up under there to really check, you guys have any suggestions what this sound could be caused by?
you have 4x4 leafs on? if you do it's those. Make your truck sound like it's all ancient when you hit the brakes or like when you go over bumps and stuff?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
I just replaced the front today, but this sound has happened for awhile, I am just now fed up with it. Anyways, it doesn't make that subtle screech like when you need your brakes replaced, its very loud but I guess I could try replacing the rear brakes also. Could it be anything else?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
you have 4x4 leafs on? if you do it's those. Make your truck sound like it's all ancient when you hit the brakes or like when you go over bumps and stuff?
nope, stock leafs, 3 inch drop but it also did it with the 2 inch so I know that is not it.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would say have a look at your rears, there could be just dust all up in the drums or just grinding metal period. Either way you can eliminate through that even if it isn't.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would say have a look at your rears, there could be just dust all up in the drums or just grinding metal period. Either way you can eliminate through that even if it isn't.
Someone suggested a bad wheel bearing. Is that possible?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Well I guess I will start with new rear brakes and then work from there.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe your ebrake stay on.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
Maybe your ebrake stay on.
Yeah that's it.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #12

might be having the same problem as you. for some odd reason when I brake when moving slowly, I get this odd noise form the back. almost sounds like microphone feed back.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
something to do with brake proportioning. i need to deal with this as well...
you to???? I can put up with it for now until the weekend, hope it's a simple fix.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #15
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah had the same problem with mine before I put in the LCA spacers and dropped the front a little lower. As soon as I dropped the front down it went away.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
might be having the same problem as you. for some odd reason when I brake when moving slowly, I get this odd noise form the back. almost sounds like microphone feed back.
yeah, that is the exact noise, I wanna know what it is!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #17
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup, every one that I know of that has a lowered second gen has the howling noise when braking. I know of a fix for the first gens, but haven't seen it done on the 2nd's yet.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Yup, every one that I know of that has a lowered second gen has the howling noise when braking. I know of a fix for the first gens, but haven't seen it done on the 2nd's yet.
mother .... I noticed it a lot more when I got my front lowered. What's the first gen fix?
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
weazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant futureweazleburger has a brilliant future

weazleburger's Tacoma Gallery
same noise here. always been told it was break proportioning also