LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Need lower profile lca bumps suggestion?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a jewel in the roughAz lowtacoma is a jewel in the roughAz lowtacoma is a jewel in the rough

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Need lower profile lca bumps suggestion?

I was examining my front suspension the other day after after lowering the rear a little more and i noticed i don't have shit for travel before it smashes the bumps. What specific preferably Engery Suspension bump stop works with for repalcing the front bumps?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There are a couple choices you can use...it sounds like you have cut coils or drop coils that have had a coil or so removed? You can use this button style Energy bump stop, but they may be too low profile and let your tire scrub the inner fender too much, or you could also try these pyramid style I run on my 99 and they'll be bit lower profile than your stock rubber ones but the poly will slow the tire better than the soft stock rubber ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Need lower profile lca bumps suggestion?-energybutton.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jack your truck up by either the cross member behind the sway bar to get a bit more room so you can remove the stock ones or jack it up under the drivers door by the frame, but you'll have to do one at a time this way. It's a 14mm or 9/16" socket that you'll use up through the bottom of the lower arm. Do you need the part #'s for these 2 style bumps?

I have the button ones here but will need to order the pyramid ones from my u-bolt/spring guy but he gets them quick. They run me like $11 and I sell them for $15+ shipping, so about $20 when it's said and done. ORW or 4WP usually has the button style on the shelf for about $11 or so but they'll probably have to special order the other ones since they're not that common.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a jewel in the roughAz lowtacoma is a jewel in the roughAz lowtacoma is a jewel in the rough

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ok that was what I figured ha. Part numbers would be awesome. Well I would rather run the pyramid ones since they sound like the safer opition since I will be running 17s here soon
Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Taco Vending Machine

Thanks Seth. I was doing some computer crap a minute ago and kind of left you hanging. I have to make a u-bolt run in the next 1-2 days and will get these and get 'em in the mail. There won't be a long wait. These should work great with the drop and 225/45/17's.