1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about leveling rear from stock

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by joyotaco, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Oct 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    joyotaco

joyotaco [OP] Tenderfoot

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4L 2wd
    Removable ladder/sailboat rack, Pioneer DEH-6400BT, clear bumper signals
    I've been a guy who loves lifted trucks all my life, but I have nothing but respect for y'all slammin' your pickups. I know just as much if not more fab goes into your rigs as offroaders.

Since I've got a 5 lug reg cab, I've decided to embrace it's shorter stature but I'm a total newb with lowering. I like it the way it sits minus one thing. I'd like to leave the front stock and drop the rear just enough to make it level with the front and I wonder if there's a way to do so without ruining the trucks load cap.

Should I invest in a couple 2" drop blocks? How much is involved in installation? Would I need different shocks, brake lines, etc? My apologies if there's a thread already about this. I couldn't find anything like this in my search.

2. May 28, 2019 at 10:56 AM
    taco.the.track

taco.the.track Well-Known Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    2015 4cyl 5-luggy
    What ever came of this? I'm interested in achieving the same w/ my 2015 2.7L 5-lug.

I'm torn between leveling via lifting the front, or leveling via lowering the back. I'm assuming some small blocks would do the trick, but don't know a specific size to opt for.

Any insights?

Products Discussed in

To Top